FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old May 1, 2018, 9:36 am
Pilot37

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Not new news anymore I know, but had the new service to and from Philly this past week and it showed the crew still struggling to deal with it. CSD checked all was okay with me on the way out as apparently a few pax had complained, but I was heading away for the weekend and the crew were nice, so saw no reason to raise a fuss. However due to a lot of back and forth from the galley for additional items not on the trolley, I was totally missed out on the meal beverage and had to go asking. On the return it was very poor, again the crew were nice, but post departure drinks took almost 45mins from take-off to be served (on a 6hr overnight flight) and then half the cabin was served (including my partner in the seat beside me) while the rest of us waited another 20mins for our meals. The steak was cremated and I eventually put the bed down 2.5hrs after take off - bring back the express meal option for these overnight flights please BA. (I know I should have eaten in the lounge, but we had guested in friends who were on AA so wouldn't have been allowed eat together). I hope it will improve as more crew are exposed to it, but it's a bit annoying at present.

Pilot37