Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-BOS Amex 241 and Concorde Room?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Very similar, just a different shape ... so my wife tells me. If I dare try to take one she'd put her fork in the back of my hand!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:26 am

My last F trip was in April and I didn't get chocolates on either sector

I love the Lauden selection. It just felt more premium somehow over HC - but some of that may be just over familiarity with HC. We used to have a monthly subscription with them
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
My last F trip was in April and I didn't get chocolates on either sector

I love the Lauden selection. It just felt more premium somehow over HC - but some of that may be just over familiarity with HC. We used to have a monthly subscription with them
I wonder if my wife was on board?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:57 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Went out in 1EF and enjoyed. 2EF would have been equally private and good. Enjoyed trying the champagnes on the flight. LPGS the clear leader. The Bolney was more like a still white wine. I wasn't expecting and didn't notice any chocolates. No PJs on the way out but were offered on the way back last night - but were removed on setting the bed. Not bothered enough to chase after them.

We add our votes for Juan in the Boston lounge. Constant care and attention without being intrusive until departing the lounge. There are 14 seats in the First Dining area including three tables for two people so it would be a good idea to arrive early and have a leisurely meal. Excellent presentation and taste to the dishes.
PeacefulWaters likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Has it been a while since you've flown? The current chocolates in First are Hotel Chocolat - I've found crew have been good in recent times in offering the chocolates (and prising them out of my wife's hands ). Of course if the crew do forget to offer the chocolates the OP shouldn't hesitate in asking for them.
I wonder if some routes still have Lauden? Coming from DME to LHR today we were offered Lauden chocolates.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Has it been a while since you've flown? The current chocolates in First are Hotel Chocolat - I've found crew have been good in recent times in offering the chocolates (and prising them out of my wife's hands ). Of course if the crew do forget to offer the chocolates the OP shouldn't hesitate in asking for them.
I had Lauden chocolates a couple of weeks ago. Does it vary from flight to flight?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:53 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LPQ
Went out in 1EF and enjoyed. 2EF would have been equally private and good. Enjoyed trying the champagnes on the flight. LPGS the clear leader. The Bolney was more like a still white wine. I wasn't expecting and didn't notice any chocolates. No PJs on the way out but were offered on the way back last night - but were removed on setting the bed. Not bothered enough to chase after them.

We add our votes for Juan in the Boston lounge. Constant care and attention without being intrusive until departing the lounge. There are 14 seats in the First Dining area including three tables for two people so it would be a good idea to arrive early and have a leisurely meal. Excellent presentation and taste to the dishes.
Juan is a hero. And yes, the food in the first section of the lounge is excellent.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I had Lauden chocolates on Monday's flight back from SIN. The mint ones are the best ^
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:25 am

We had Lauden chocs on our first (and probably only) First flight BOS-LHR last week. On arrival, the lovely CC member who looked after Mrs rpjs, and who did a great job of reassuring her during the flight as she's a very nervous flyer, presented her with an almost full box of left-overs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.