Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA business class: why would anyone choose 8 across?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA business class: why would anyone choose 8 across?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by HighLife

I have flown CW once or twice to and from Australia, but always preferred Qantas in the SIN days.

Now it would be Qatar every time.
Qantas is changing back to SIN.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

but I fly LHR-YYZ on thursday later this week (on a 789 I think) and I hope to see some of these improvements...
Originally Posted by Calchas
These improvements are currently restricted to the LON-NYC route
typical

Back to dowdy, horrific etc etc later this week
What a real hardship that will be travelling in CW on a 789 without the new service but with still perfectly good food served during the flight. It's a High HardLife indeed
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
..... thats ..... youre.....
If you're going to slag off the oldies that's fine, but you need to get your punctuation correct!

Remember, us were brought up proper.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
There is no way I would choose to fly to Australia in BA J with its dowdy old CW cubicles, horrific dividers, indifferent food and terrible entertainment system. It's just a NO. I fly CW all the time back and forth from the US, but really don't enjoy it - and prefer FIRST or AA when I can get them.

I have flown CW once or twice to and from Australia, but always preferred Qantas in the SIN days.

Now it would be Qatar every time.
You preferred the current Qantas 380 J seat?!

Obviously the indirect aisle access is not a criticism you throw at the CW seat then

The BA IFE employed to SYD is at least on a par too
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Greenpen
If you're going to slag off the oldies that's fine, but you need to get your punctuation correct!

Remember, us were brought up proper.
Blame the site I cut and paste it from then - not me.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
As a sole traveller, I don't mind CW but to be honest I've not flown CW for a while as I've been busy flying J with QR and occasionally CX, which I had some excellent experiences with. I still try and fly with BA as my main airline but if I do and if I fly CW, it's down to the fare and available oneworld choice (I.e. if I get a similar fare with QR flying out of BHX which is closer to me than LHR then I will choose QR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.