Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jaguar transfer tight connections

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Indeed! Why on earth only domestic connections?
Because we"re worth it!

I wonder if T5 to T3 is in scope for this.
Geordie405 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Because otherwise you have to clear security.
Ah.....yes of course, but they could still offer something similar to international connections? I have so often missed connections because of the conformance time and if someone had sped me off to security I would have been able to make it.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:08 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by jonas123
http://mediacentre.britishairways.co.../8762?ref=Home

The new scheme applies to customers travelling on a UK domestic flight, who are connecting on to either a short-haul flight in Club Europe, a long-haul service in Club World (long haul business class) or First, or who are Silver or Gold Executive Club members.
Wow Silvers included. I suppose if you get this transfer, you can more or less say ta ta to your checked in luggage for a day or two.

S
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Because we"re worth it!

I think this proves the point that has been made time and time again, that BA is a company that is totally biased in favour of people from the regions over us Londoners .
makin'miles and Calchas like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CCayley
I think this proves the point that has been made time and time again, that BA is a company that is totally biased in favour of people from the regions over us Londoners .
Kristie Allsop can assist you further.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Indeed! Why on earth only domestic connections?
To avoid embarrassing the slightly cheeky bunch who book "ex-EU" flights with an intention to skip their last segment! If I were part of BA RM, I would have something to say about that prioritization!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Kristie Allsop can assist you further.
^

Originally Posted by CCayley
I can't see how Londoners might actually miss a connection at LHR?
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
To avoid embarrassing the slightly cheeky bunch who book "ex-EU" flights with an intention to skip their last segment! If I were part of BA RM, I would have something to say about that prioritization!
Hahaha - delicious!
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I can't see how Londoners might actually miss a connection at LHR?
Due to similar circumstances as people miss flights in TLL, or elsewhere, maybe?
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
'I wonder if T5 to T3 is in scope for this'

We had it last week on MAN-LHR-BUD which indeed involved a T5 to T3 transfer.
myself and a colleague had the message from the CSM and were met halfway up the bridge, then taken down to the tarmac and transferred in people carrier to T3.
Oh and yes our luggage did make it to BUD just fine. We could have easily made the connection via bus T5 to T3 but the Gold status made it a much more enjoyable experience and longer in the lounge.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
This actually for me is a good question to raise; why doesnt BA just check in everyone at T5 than transfer people by bus after security to T3?

Won't that make life easier for everyone?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Infocustv
We had it last week on MAN-LHR-BUD which indeed involved a T5 to T3 transfer.
Very interesting. How long was the connection? And were you on time (ish)?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Slackevans
I was offered this service last Tuesday coming off the 1630 Abz flight connecting on to the DEL flight. Had to turn them down as I didn't fancy sitting at the C gates for more than I had to. Nice touch though.
How long did you have to connect? I wonder what kind of time frame BA are talking about here in terms of 'at risk' of missing a connection and whether booked connection time matters or if they're going to attempt to monitor all domestic connections for falling below a certain threshold instead.

This is much broader than I expected, unclear to me how BA will have the resources to offer this on a consistent basis!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
This actually for me is a good question to raise; why doesnt BA just check in everyone at T5 than transfer people by bus after security to T3?
For First passengers, Tobias and I have been advocating exactly this! There is even a set of doors in T3 where this could be done to obviate security. This idea weakened somewhat after the Cathay lounge re-opened, mind! And the Qantas lounge is now only a few months off.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Because we"re worth it!

Maybe they will meet you at the aircraft and drive you across to T3 security rather than leaving you to leg it for the bus stop and wait ...
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.