Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA CityFlyer Buy on Board

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Do BACF put additional crew on the aircraft once CE exceeds a certain size?
There were 3 crew members on a recent PMI/LCY I was on.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by rapidex
I'll give you 1.How do you do 1 trolley and serve CE with 2 cabin crew.The rocket scientists at waterside are still hard at work.
"If 1 crew can do F longhaul why can't 2 do a LCY cityhopper?"

Direct quote from the Dark Lord's tower this morning.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by smokie36
"If 1 crew can do F longhaul why can't 2 do a LCY cityhopper?"

Direct quote from the Dark Lord's tower this morning.
1 in CE and 1 trying to push the trolley.Might be a struggle.
smokie36 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by ReadystEDIgo
There are only two crew rostered, and the Club cabin is capped at 32 pax, I believe.

Occasionally a third crew member flies, and this is usually down to a business manager working with crew, perhaps if they are a candidate for purser, or if they have had some procedural infractions reported, etc. to ensure they are flying according to the book.

I've been on a NCE-LCY flight with 31 CE pax. The crew struggled and pax were less than happy. That said, the Purser was very organised. Main crew started with drinks service in row 3, whilst purser started with row 1. Then, as main crew worked their way further back, purser started hand delivering meals. When enough space was available, purser pulled out the meal trolley and finished serving the meals. He worked damned hard. Pax were requesting wine with their meals, but pretty much everyone had a drink and one wine, no more as there just wasn't time. The purser deserved more than a golden ticket for working so hard, with a smile, in the face of some rather gruff passengers.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by rapidex
1 in CE and 1 trying to push the trolley.Might be a struggle.
"If we reduce BOB content further it might be possible."
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
Other carriers handle this by having pre-packaged trays for their premium service, e.g. J. It takes not much more time to serve a J pax than Y because there is no transaction.
How can you prepackage the food when you have options to chose from? And then what do you do with drinks service and then coffee and tea?

There is a reason BA haven't yet started BoB on BACF routes. It is because they can't figure out how provide the service in both C and Y with only 2 crew members. And they must have noticed that their passengers are more demanding than those of LCC airlines. Even today, twitter is still reporting some passengers not getting any food on longer holiday routes. BoB is still not working fine out of LHR and LGW. And the I was shocked when I have seen an answer from the social media team to an angry passenger who couldn't buy anything on a Santorini to Heathrow flight:
They finally have admitted that they can't cater for a hungry plane. So what about giving our passengers choice and all the BS?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by BA6948
How can you prepackage the food when you have options to chose from? And then what do you do with drinks service and then coffee and tea?

There is a reason BA haven't yet started BoB on BACF routes. It is because they can't figure out how provide the service in both C and Y with only 2 crew members. And they must have noticed that their passengers are more demanding than those of LCC airlines. Even today, twitter is still reporting some passengers not getting any food on longer holiday routes. BoB is still not working fine out of LHR and LGW. And the I was shocked when I have seen an answer from the social media team to an angry passenger who couldn't buy anything on a Santorini to Heathrow flight:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...56297841967104
They finally have admitted that they can't cater for a hungry plane. So what about giving our passengers choice and all the BS?
lol madness. but in the old days they could cater just fine! that is 5 hours without food and Greek airports really don't have much food!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ReadystEDIgo
Supernumerary crew is usually indicative of a new crew member recently out of training. They get there first eight sectors with a supporting crew member. The other option is there was an Inflight Business Manager onboard conducting an appraisal.

As for the delays with BoB, it's due to an issue with Tourvest who are contracted to run BoB for BA. They aren't in a position to support LCY. Nothing to do with crew, carts or the success/failure of BoB at LHR.

Last edited by CitySlacker; Aug 21, 2017 at 2:41 pm
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
lol madness. but in the old days they could cater just fine! that is 5 hours without food and Greek airports really don't have much food!
They have become so stingy that they don't want to over cater not to lose £1.
Was forced to fly them 2 weeks ago on a CDG-LHR-JNB (needed to arrive early in JNB and AF only lands at 09:50). The BoB worked well on CDG-LHR because the cabin crew have been ignored by 98% of the passengers. They have sold a few drinks (coffees and beers) for the grand total of £12. Bravo! Very successful... in not providing service and saving the cost of the previously free service. And before somebody jumps and says we expect everything for free: my ticket cost £2200 in Y. And yes I have taken 6 sectors since BoB and they will never see a penny from me. What a nasty airline BA has become!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by CitySlacker
Supernumerary crew is usually indicative of a new crew member recently out of training. They get there first eight sectors with a supporting crew member. The other option is there was an Inflight Business Manager onboard conducting an appraisal.

As for the delays with BoB, it's due to an issue with Tourvest who are contracted to run and BoB for BA. They aren't in a position to support LCY. Nothing to do with crew, carts or the success/failure of BoB at LHR.
Hope that's the reason and things get sorted out so that we can get the popcorn out and enjoy the mess that's going to happen to both CE and ET services.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Well it's simple really 1 serving CE the other serving ET, time permitting - ie you may or may not get served. BA don't aspire to have a premium brand any more so why would they care? They'd be doing it if the numbers stacked up, that is all they care about. Front line staff can like it or lump it - in fact they'd be delighted if they did lump it so they can hire somebody cheaper.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by skyscan
Does anyone know when we can expect services from London City and London Stansted will go buy on board?

On the website is still says Summer 2017, however, there are only days left of it and it still doesn't state the actual date it will change.

Does anyone have any ideas/information?
Hopefully never !
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios, Emirates Skywards
Has anyone got an update as to when / if this is changing?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:52 am
Suspended

My guess is that if it isn't going to be introduced from late October 2018, it probably won't happen at all.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Does that mean that the rumour about it being next Friday is rubbish?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.