Search

BA Lounge Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
BA Lounge Istanbul

Hi

Has anyone been at the BA Lounge/Oneworld Lounge at Istanbul Airport recently?

What is it like? I have visited it a few years ago and wasn't that impressed with it, miles behind the Turkish Airlines lounge.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat
Nothing impressive. A very basic out-station, non-BA lounge. Not terrible either, though (and far nicer than some of the chaos that can be IST departure area).

Last edited by arnie.; Aug 17, 2017 at 6:56 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
There is no BA/OW lounge at IST. BA uses Millennium Lounge, which is not worth wasting time going to (unless you have a lot of time and need somewhere to sit).
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
What lounge lol.

Unless you have access to the TK lounge, you might as well have a nice juicy Burger King or kebab! I love the food options in IST!

Or chill in Starbucks!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:53 am
Suspended

It's OK, not near the gates though, no point if you are short of time.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
No other lounge at IST comes anywhere near the TK one which is more like an F lounge. The others are all like a run down cafe.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
No other lounge at IST comes anywhere near the TK one which is more like an F lounge. The others are all like a run down cafe.
Since Turkish has no F, it is technically an 'F' lounge! The only thing that lets it down is the alcohol section, otherwise, it is top notch. Amazing food, like a proper restaurant!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BA downgraded the lounge it uses in IST - now an absolutely dreadful one. Not worth going to.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by brightstar100
BA downgraded the lounge it uses in IST - now an absolutely dreadful one. Not worth going to.
Let's be honest here, IST is the route where BA really has an awful service compared to its direct competition, TK. I think they just keep a flight for prestige reasons.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Don't bother going in, an awful place.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Since Turkish has no F, it is technically an 'F' lounge! The only thing that lets it down is the alcohol section, otherwise, it is top notch. Amazing food, like a proper restaurant!
I would not say that the alcohol section is bad. TK does offer a wine or two that I quite like (I think they're all Turkish). Can't comment on hard liquor as I don't drink it. But agree about the food - simply amazing. And lots of it. And the variety is impressive. Not something I have ever seen in a BA lounge.

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Let's be honest here, IST is the route where BA really has an awful service compared to its direct competition, TK. I think they just keep a flight for prestige reasons.
There is nothing awful about BA's flights to/from IST, and judging by how CE is filled with passengers I'd say that people quite like it. TK has downgraded its service in all cabins on all routes in the past few months. The reality bites.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...ervice-tk.html

Again, had it been about BA, with FT being an English speaking forum, the thread would have exploded...

Originally Posted by baileysserpant
Don't bother going in, an awful place.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. PS uses it as well, so I find myself there quite often... I feel bad for airlines that they have to pay this lounge to accommodate their passengers because there is really nothing to pay for.

Last edited by Andriyko; Aug 17, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I would not say that the alcohol section is bad. TK does offer a wine or two that I quite like (I think they're all Turkish). Can't comment on hard liquor as I don't drink it. But agree about the food - simply amazing. And lots of it. And the variety is impressive. Not something I have ever seen in a BA lounge.

There is nothing awful about BA's flights to/from IST, and judging by how CE is filled with passengers I'd say that people quite like it. TK has downgraded its service in all cabins on all routes in the past few months. The reality bites.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...ervice-tk.html

Again, had it been about BA, with FT being an English speaking forum, the thread would have exploded...

Yes, my thoughts exactly. PS uses it as well, so I find myself there quite often... I feel bad for airlines that they have to pay this lounge to accommodate their passengers because there is really nothing to pay for.
are you serious. Have taken TK last month to CDG and the experience and food were amazing. Better than BA CE. I have never eaten such nice and fluffy scrambeled eggs on a plane and it was in Economy. There was IFE and the legroom and seat comfort were great. Anyone chosing BA on that route over TK is out of his mind (unless collecting points).
Dover2Golf and MichaelBaku like this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
As others have said do not waste your time with the millennium lounge. It is dreary in the extreme and a trek to the gates.
As for a downgrading of TK service recently., economy still gets a hot meal and free drinks . Business class on my flight yesterday ( 777 with a flat bed, wifi and good IFE (yes I know TK also operate narrow bodies on this route although they usually have US style domestic F seats) had a very nice mezze starter, salmon main , dessert and cheese followed by coffee and liqueurs. Crew also offered everyone 2nd main courses, not usual ill admit.
One area where BA win over TK onboard is that there are no pre dinner drinks on TK -it's straight into the meal which I dislike and they have no concept of refilling drinks during the meal service.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Better than a 5 quid voucher in Aberdeen.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by BA6948
are you serious. Have taken TK last month to CDG and the experience and food were amazing. Better than BA CE. I have never eaten such nice and fluffy scrambeled eggs on a plane and it was in Economy. There was IFE and the legroom and seat comfort were great. Anyone chosing BA on that route over TK is out of his mind (unless collecting points).
Yes, I am serious if you are referring to the link I have provided. I don't fly TK that much, but I too noticed that they have downgraded the food. Please do not attack me - feel free to post about your good experience on TK's forum. Posters over there will be more informed to let you know what changed and what has not. I mean, why keep posting bad things about BA when you can educate people who fly TK about how good that airline is despite what they experience? All i said was that TK has downgraded the food; I did not say that it was worse than BA's.

Regarding who chooses which airline on a particular route - I don't fly to eat so I can't really comment on that. If their food offering compels you to fly with them that's great, but it does nothing for me so I am not out of my mind. I prefer the BoB PS on the KBP-IST route rather than TK because the latter's schedule simply sucks and no amount of food will make up for that, and I only fly TK if the price is too good to turn down (and I do refuse that sandwich).

Originally Posted by smokie36
Better than a 5 quid voucher in Aberdeen.
I think I'll take the voucher - that's how bad the lounge is...
smokie36 likes this.

Last edited by Andriyko; Aug 17, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.