Search

Deteriorating economy service on TK?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Deteriorating economy service on TK?

Dear all,

I have been a TK Elite (*A Gold) member since 2012 and used to fly TK quite frequently between different German Airports (mostly CGN and DUS), IST and different airports in Africa. I used to be very impressed by the service standards in economy class with Turkish delights, fresh juices and menus, not to mention really decent food from DO&CO. I had very few flights with them in 2016 and when I took them a few times earlier this year, it seems the standards have deteriorated quite a bit, at least on my routes. Never mind the menus and the Turkish delights (both of which have disappeared), but also the food quality has gone down quite a bit as well. I will continue to fly them as they have convenient schedules and good prices, the lounge in IST is still fairly decent and on the rare occasion that I fly business class, I have not been disappointed, but economy class does not seem to be what it used to be.

What are the experiences of others here?

Last edited by Arnur; Aug 8, 2017 at 3:04 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I noticed meal service is down as well. Menus I don't care about but meals are smaller and with the crackers removed and dessert downsized for example.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
THY yield was -7% in 2016 compared to 2015, and is declining further while fuel is going up. Not surprised that this has visible consequences in product quality.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
The service in a decline on all flights and classes.
In business class for example, No more Turkish delight, no more chocolate bar as welcome gift, no more starters from trolley and reduced options, Portions are smaller and less choice and all on a plastic tray instead of serving out.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold
They are still better than others. I mean if you dont fly with EK first class. This is the best option. In terms of money and quality.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
According to Airline Weekly, TK cut expenditures on passenger services, including catering, by 17% YOY on a 4% ASK growth.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Arnur
What are the experiences of others here?
Short flights (TLV, CAI) used to be a full meal, not it's a sandwich. Business class is still the same.

Shuly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.