Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Finally, cheaper one-way Club Europe flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche

Vis Head for Points and checked some pricing myself too.

Great news! Some of the club fares were ridiculous: http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/08/15/british-airways-club-europe-one-way-tickets-and-no-saturday-night-tickets-now-at-sensible-prices/
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:27 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Interestingly they don't seem to have applied it to LCY routes which are still pricing 300-400 while the same routes from LHR are pricing less than half that...
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-now-too.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...change-ba.html
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by amt
Interestingly they don't seem to have applied it to LCY routes which are still pricing 300-400 while the same routes from LHR are pricing less than half that...
I have to challenge you on that and I wonder if it's route specific? As LCY to AGP is coming out reasonably priced for one way in CE at 133 whereas LGW-AGP is the crazy old pricing of 450+!! I checked Sept, Oct & Nov. All LGW for this route are not pricing according to the article!

Apologies for polluting another thread on this...feel free to move
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The Spanish routes (as indicated in one the links above) aren't working fully to this. I imagine the hand of Iberia is in there somewhere. It has only recently happened so it is possible that we will see more destinations covered in the near future, but at the moment several locations (e.g. Athens) aren't covered.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Spanish routes (as indicated in one the links above) aren't working fully to this. I imagine the hand of Iberia is in there somewhere. It has only recently happened so it is possible that we will see more destinations covered in the near future, but at the moment several locations (e.g. Athens) aren't covered.
I saw you mentioned LHR-MAD. Interesting to see if these evolve and if they widen to other routes. Thanks CWS as always.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
For years I've suggested that this should/needed to happen for many reasons. I'm glad to see BA finally agrees!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.