Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Inconsistent Customer Service - Going back on what they promised

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inconsistent Customer Service - Going back on what they promised

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by lavajava
Very nice indeed, even if they did it with out senior management.
I suspect things might run smoother without senior management
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:59 pm

I have been in contact with out Senior Management team and to apologise for the poor service you've received, as well as thank you for your continued loyalty and patience, ...
That's very close to "on this occasion, we have decided to make an exception as a gesture of good will", which makes my blood boil. A horrible phrase that never admits to a mistake, never actually contains an apology.

"Senior" "Management" should stand up and say: "you are eligible, you always were eligible, and we made a mistake to say you weren't, we're sorry". And leave it as that.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Gomac
I never went to the airport but I feel the bottom line is that I was unable to take a flight I booked, which was directly caused by their IT issues.
Seems you were trying to ticket late in and unable to complete flight reservation due to the BA I.T. issues.

If so perfectly understandable that BA will not grant the 2year extension for you, if you had no ticket, had no delay.

If BA gave makeup/compo for being unable to book a ticket, we'd all be trying to book as soon as BA's IT system has issues to jump on the band wagon.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Seems you were trying to ticket late in and unable to complete flight reservation due to the BA I.T. issues.

If so perfectly understandable that BA will not grant the 2year extension for you, if you had no ticket, had no delay.

If BA gave makeup/compo for being unable to book a ticket, we'd all be trying to book as soon as BA's IT system has issues to jump on the band wagon.
I booked before any sign of IT problems and I am sure BA can see that from my records, so there was no bandwagon to jump on. Plus the 2 year extension was something they offered not me.

As far as I was concerned at the beginning, I booked a flight and couldn't travel as a consequence of a delay in the booking confirmation because of THEIR IT issue. I was ticketed, the fare taken and had a PNR the problem was I didn't know about it and they were unable to provide me with confirmation via a booking confirmation page, an email, or even a verbal confirmation when I called.

I was happy with a full refund which I think is fair, it was BA that decided to unveil a grand gesture which they promised and then went back on.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Apologies for the radio silence- been meaning to give an update on my position for a week but things have been somewhat hectic. After a lot of going back and forward, including me sending CS the emails I originally received, I have had my gold status renewed for the additional year.

I appreciate I was not badly impacted by the disruption, however, as I said in my first post, it was more that it was promised and then withdrawn that had irked me. Anyway satisfactory outcome from my perspective.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GLA Flyer
Apologies for the radio silence- been meaning to give an update on my position for a week but things have been somewhat hectic. After a lot of going back and forward, including me sending CS the emails I originally received, I have had my gold status renewed for the additional year.

I appreciate I was not badly impacted by the disruption, however, as I said in my first post, it was more that it was promised and then withdrawn that had irked me. Anyway satisfactory outcome from my perspective.
Thanks for the update GLA Flyer ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.