Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight missing from booking; connecting flight canceled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Not sure where this question belongs - I was booked on a paid WTP/ET ticket, EWR-LHR-BIO and BIO-LHR-JFK in early November. I just checked the app today and LHR-BIO (BA 468) is showing as canceled on 7 November and EWR-LHR (BA 188) is not appearing at all in MMB. The return flights are fine.

Any suggestions about what I should do? Call or wait to see if BA rebook me? Sit tight? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'd do my homework on what I want then call.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Do not wait. There will be a lot of passengers to be rebooked and if you wait for BA's auto-rebooking feature to kick in, what is left may not be what is available today.

There is only one other nonstop service LHR-BIO, so you will need to find NYC-JFK which suits the other frequency which departs LHR at 08:20. Unless you are particularly wedded to departing from EWR, consider JFK departures as well. If you want WTP, that will have to be on BA as AA codeshares won't have a PE product.

As soon as you have your options, call BA.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys - was trying to avoid a <2 hour T5-T3 (I'm assuming) connection at LHR, but it looks like that's my only choice. There's BA 112 from JFK or BA 184 from EWR, with only a five minute difference in timing and the same kind of aircraft. Since I live in NJ, I may stick to EWR (I prefer the Galleries lounge there).
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Have you checked for differences between the app and the BA website?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
The fares on that route are extremely competitive right now ($1,400 for P/E and $2,500 for business) so, depending on how much you originally paid, cancelling and rebooking might be the best option.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Great_circle
Have you checked for differences between the app and the BA website?
Yes - checked several times because I couldn't believe it had happened, with no notice.

Last edited by sambagrrl07; Aug 8, 2017 at 11:03 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
The fares on that route are extremely competitive right now ($1,400 for P/E and $2,500 for business) so, depending on how much you originally paid, cancelling and rebooking might be the best option.
My price was even lower for PE so I'll keep my original res and make the change, but thanks for telling me to check!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by sambagrrl07
Yes - checked several times because I couldn't believe it had happened, with no notice.
Winter schedule starts end October and it seems from recent posts that they are firming up schedules and amending/cancelling flights
You would likely have ended up being notified (certainly before the 14 days before the flight) but always worth keeping an eye on booking so you can get ahead of the game
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caz312
Winter schedule starts end October and it seems from recent posts that they are firming up schedules and amending/cancelling flights
I found an earlier post (last year?) stating something along those lines so that makes sense.

You would likely have ended up being notified (certainly before the 14 days before the flight) but always worth keeping an eye on booking so you can get ahead of the game
For once my OCD works in my favor!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:49 am
Original Poster

An update: I was waiting to return to the US before calling, and in the meantime BA rebooked me onto the flights I would have chosen anyway, so all was resolved satisfactorily.

On a separate itinerary, EWR-ORY and ORY-EWR in early December, my flights were canceled and I was rebooked for one day later. I called this morning and changed to JFK-ORY and ORY-JFK to preserve my original travel dates. The agent (German office) suggested that I complain about the auto rebooking to different dates and that I might get compensation - any truth to that?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
An update: I was waiting to return to the US before calling, and in the meantime BA rebooked me onto the flights I would have chosen anyway, so all was resolved satisfactorily.

On a separate itinerary, EWR-ORY and ORY-EWR in early December, my flights were canceled and I was rebooked for one day later. I called this morning and changed to JFK-ORY and ORY-JFK to preserve my original travel dates. The agent (German office) suggested that I complain about the auto rebooking to different dates and that I might get compensation - any truth to that?
Cant see any reason why you would get compensation as you are travelling on your original dates. Schedule changes are common, just ask AA!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The agent (German office) suggested that I complain about the auto rebooking to different dates and that I might get compensation - any truth to that?
I can't see any basis for statutory compensation. If you were hassled in a significant way by this change you can ask for (but probably won't get) some customer service remediation. In a way this is all being done the right way: instead of turning up at an airport and getting whatever seat they can find, you're able to work with the airline(s) to come up with a satisfactory alternative.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gatwick Alan
Cant see any reason why you would get compensation as you are travelling on your original dates. Schedule changes are common, just ask AA!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can't see any basis for statutory compensation. If you were hassled in a significant way by this change you can ask for (but probably won't get) some customer service remediation. In a way this is all being done the right way: instead of turning up at an airport and getting whatever seat they can find, you're able to work with the airline(s) to come up with a satisfactory alternative.
That was my take on it; I was surprised the agent suggested it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.