Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New survey from “confirmit” focusing on service & brand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New survey from “confirmit” focusing on service & brand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Maybe the mods can split this off into a separate speculative discussion about variable reward pricing?

My first reaction is that this weakens the loyalty incentive since you no longer have much of an idea how many miles you'll need for an award. Some carriers have moved to variable pricing (DL is one, I think?). But they've done so in the context of significant improvements in the quality of both their hard and soft products which mean a.) awards are arguably worth paying more for now; and b.) they have other compelling ways of enticing paying customers other than reliance on the loyalty program.

Considering the substantial YQ BA already charges for awards to sit in business seats that are way behind what most of their competitors offer, I feel like they're just about at the max of what I'd consider reasonable avios to pay for the seats. With the barrage of negative press they're getting and the hit their brand perception is taking, I suspect they'd struggle to get people excited about spending even more Avios for awards.
Gomac likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.