Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The evening before a first FIRST

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
So lovely to see someone so excited. Enjoy it to the fullest.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Have a great flight!

Let's hope for a good review when you return.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Have a fantastic time and take advantage of absolutely everything on offer!!!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:37 pm

As a 70 year old I have been blessed by flyer talk to figure out how to take many first and business class flights all over the world. I joined the aa program in 1986 thanks to a friend who worker in there marketing department. My wife and I have a first class flight on BA from jnb to lhr in oct. I still get very excited about that. No matter the age don't lose the excitement for premium travel.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA
You and your family have a right to be excited, have a great flight .
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:04 pm

Enjoy your first first! I have mine in 3 weeks on the same route!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive club
I've been awake since 5.00am with the excitement for our flight.
Thanks for all the messages.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Tell the crew it's your first time in F. Despite all the criticism of BA, some of it well deserved, the crews are usually very good about this. My only other tip is that if you're going to enjoy the flexibility of dine on demand during the flight, let the crew know your choice of dishes early, so they can make sure ithey are held for you. Enjoy.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by settlenick
I've been awake since 5.00am with the excitement for our flight.
Thanks for all the messages.
Wow you certainly have found it hard to sleep last night, hope you are going to the airport very early you may as well check in now, so as to enjoy all that is on offer in the CCR and hopefully you have been able to book treatments, or failing that maybe you could phone U first now and see if there are any treatments available for today. All the staff in the CCR are great, and if you get Ann to serve you everything will go swinging, she will keep you topped up with champagne, unless you feel like staying at the bar most of the time. Definately need a TR, and so glad you are going on the A380, what seats have you managed to acquire, albeit though all seats are good.^
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:01 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You say in the first post ex-EU. Where are you at the moment? Enjoy!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jmj9905
As a 70 year old I have been blessed by flyer talk to figure out how to take many first and business class flights all over the world. I joined the aa program in 1986 thanks to a friend who worker in there marketing department. My wife and I have a first class flight on BA from jnb to lhr in oct. I still get very excited about that. No matter the age don't lose the excitement for premium travel.
^
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Tell the crew it's your first time in F. Despite all the criticism of BA, some of it well deserved, the crews are usually very good about this. My only other tip is that if you're going to enjoy the flexibility of dine on demand during the flight, let the crew know your choice of dishes early, so they can make sure ithey are held for you. Enjoy.

Definitely let the crew know!! My first (and thus far only) First flight from LHR to SFO, I stepped on the plane and the first thing I said to the crew was "this is my first First, OMG I can't wait" and they were delighted for us! I was with a friend who'd never even flown J before, so it was double the excitement for her - we were in 1A and 1K.

I think the crew relish passenger excitement, as they went above and beyond to make it the perfect First experience for us. they took lots of photos of us onboard, brought out all types of wine and let us taste everything, told us stories about the celebrities who'd sat in our seats etc etc. It was magical.

even the other passengers were excited for us - one lady (in row 2 I think) said very loudly in this wonderful American Drawl as we were squealing over everything "you gotta marry rich, girls, you gotta marry rich"...!

Have a wonderful flight!!!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Have a great flight!
I remember my first F a long time ago and how excited I was, and still get excited to this day the few times a year that I am lucky enough to sit in F......and I am a little over 45
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Well we had a great flight from LBA with 2 champagnes and now in the CCR enjoying the LPGS.
Thanks to FT we prebooked treatments and I am about to head off for my back massage.
Honestly it's been great so far and the lady at the Yorkshire Lounge even allowed the children in as our guests.
Great staff in the CCR. Very happy family.
We even ignored Flight Connections as there was a Q and used the FIRST wing. Again a great experience.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Sorry we are in seats 2&3 K. Children in row 14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.