Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 777 refurb

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Bump.

Does anyone know how the refurb is going?

I am due to fly BKK > LHR middle of October in J (paid using UUA, otherwise I would have flown QR if I was paying cash).

I asked BA on Twitter and they don't seem to know..

Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, just saw a similar topic is being discussed here: Bangkok aircraft [and other BA 9/10 LHR-BKK vv-related things]

Can the threads be merged maybe?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:07 am

AFAIK no refurbishment of the RR-powered planes, including the LHR 3-classes, is scheduled imminently. First due to go are the GE-powered 77Es and 77Ws with Thales IFE. Unless equipment changes, i.e. a 350 appears on the BKK route, it's safe to assume it'll keep on going on the 3-class with the old interiors until 2021 I'd say.

Consider this: there's at least 20 airplanes ahead in the queue. You can do only one, 1.5 planes at the time due to space (and spare planes). A refurbishment takes 2 months roughly. Air France launched its current Business class seat in 2014. As of today the refurbishment is not yet completed on the entire fleet (330s still outstanding, let's ignore the 380s or 343s). Similarly, it's taken some 3-4 years for LH to do the same, and they have several world-class facilities in Lufthansa Technik scattered around the globe that could do the job.
Paren likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.