Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Don't envy anyone flying BA from Gatwick today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't envy anyone flying BA from Gatwick today

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes.
Thank you very much Tobias.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
not with 10 bloody non-status family members in tow!
Even more reason to head for the lounge
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Memories of early March 2016 at LGW ... longggg queues, and even Club was about 30 deep. Bloody holidaymakers!! Happily virtually no queue at the First desks for Goldies
Attached Images   
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:20 am
Suspended

Question. With BA, you need to get your boarding pass and baggage tag from the auto check in machine before proceeding to baggage drop, correct?

The image above of the 30 odd people waiting in line is for baggage drop?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Stick your kids into private school .... they would have finished 2 weeks ago and you could have gone away with no crowds at all :-)

You'll also get 2 weeks over October half-term which saves a fortune and makes it far easier to get Avios redemptions to the few places worth visiting at that time of year :-)
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wolf72
Question. With BA, you need to get your boarding pass and baggage tag from the auto check in machine before proceeding to baggage drop, correct?

The image above of the 30 odd people waiting in line is for baggage drop?
Self-tagging is not (yet) compulsory with BA. On the occasion I illustrated above, I believe the self-tagging machines weren't working, so a couple of hundred people were having to do everything at the bag-drop desks. There were many more out of camera shot behind that pillar. The 30 I mentioned were in the Club queue for check-in/bag-drop (there may have been more, I didn't stop to count!).
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by T8191
Self-tagging is not (yet) compulsory with BA. On the occasion I illustrated above, I believe the self-tagging machines weren't working, so a couple of hundred people were having to do everything at the bag-drop desks. There were many more out of camera shot behind that pillar. The 30 I mentioned were in the Club queue for check-in/bag-drop (there may have been more, I didn't stop to count!).
Holy cow! That's bad. I better get into the airport early next week for my Stuttgart flight then. No sense missing my flight if the wait times are going to be long.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wolf72
Holy cow! That's bad. I better get into the airport early next week for my Stuttgart flight then. No sense missing my flight if the wait times are going to be long.
Remember this was over a year ago, at LGW North, with a technical issue compounding matters. I have no idea how things are at LGW South these days - are there more desks?

All I know was that was my first occasion when having BAEC Gold, and thus access to the First desks, really showed benefit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.