FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Don't envy anyone flying BA from Gatwick today (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1855714-dont-envy-anyone-flying-ba-gatwick-today.html)

ratechaser Jul 23, 2017 1:30 am

Don't envy anyone flying BA from Gatwick today

Total zoo in to South Terminal. Lots of announcements apologising for check in delays. Makes me feel glad I'm flying TAP today. :cool:

Jumbodriver Jul 23, 2017 1:36 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 28594851)
Total zoo in to South Terminal. Lots of announcements apologising for check in delays. Makes me feel glad I'm flying TAP today. :cool:

There was low visibility at Lgw this morning, and there's no BA delays over 40 mins at the moment.

The TAP flight from Lisbon, however, is over an hour late.

Tobias-UK Jul 23, 2017 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Jumbodriver (Post 28594857)
There was low visibility at Lgw this morning, and there's no BA delays over 40 mins at the moment.

Touché :D

mrow Jul 23, 2017 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Jumbodriver (Post 28594857)

The return departing LGW is currently delayed by 35 minutes.

ratechaser Jul 23, 2017 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28594860)
Touché :D

oh I know about the delay, but if I'm going to be spending an extra hour anywhere, I would rather it was in a coffee house than a check in queue!

And the outbound is only 35 minutes late at the moment as far as I'm aware...

Tobias-UK Jul 23, 2017 1:59 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 28594866)
oh I know about the delay, but if I'm going to be spending an extra hour anywhere, I would rather it was in a coffee house than a check in queue!

And the outbound is only 35 minutes late at the moment as far as I'm aware...

Surely you'd be in the nice new BA Lounge sipping bubbles with your bacon butty?

madfish Jul 23, 2017 2:03 am

Start of school holidays. Lots of holiday makers with lots of extra luggage rather than HBO. As long as all check in desks are fully manned not sure what else BA can do.

nufnuf77 Jul 23, 2017 2:04 am

Lots of school holiday makers and low visibility is not a good combination!

ratechaser Jul 23, 2017 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28594885)
Surely you'd be in the nice new BA Lounge sipping bubbles with your bacon butty?

not with 10 bloody non-status family members in tow!

Tobias-UK Jul 23, 2017 2:35 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 28594898)
not with 10 bloody non-status family members in tow!

Oooh - stressful! I used to find it tough enough travelling with just 2 kids and a wife - flying with a party of 10, no thanks - do enjoy it when you get there. I've not been to Portugal for quite a few years but I always enjoyed my visits when I did.

rapidex Jul 23, 2017 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28594944)
Oooh - stressful! I used to find it tough enough travelling with just 2 kids and a wife - flying with a party of 10, no thanks - do enjoy it when you get there. I've not been to Portugal for quite a few years but I always enjoyed my visits when I did.

You should try Porto.The intercontinental there is perfect for a long weekend.

Tobias-UK Jul 23, 2017 2:56 am

Porto was the main location of my visits, sadly the company merged before disappearing to China! I did enjoy my all too brief stays there. I particularly enjoyed the restaurants by the river ... and the Port!

Lisbon s busy and Faro too. Nice to visit but Porto for sure remains my favorite.

simons1 Jul 23, 2017 3:08 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 28594851)

It's the same in North. Totally heaving airside but the queues at security are under control.

A few minor ATC delays I believe. We have been told of a 20 min slot delay.

wolf72 Jul 23, 2017 4:06 am

Do sapphire one world members get to check in at the business class counters for BA if they are flying economy?

Tobias-UK Jul 23, 2017 4:08 am

Originally Posted by wolf72 (Post 28595068)
Do sapphire one world members get to check in at the business class counters for BA if they are flying economy?

Yes.