Search

New Routes from LCY (17/07/17)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JALlover
Thanks!

Though how come I still see flights from ORY-LHR on the timetable, and even ticket search on BA.com?
Are you seeing ORY-LHR flights beyond 29 October?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
LHR-ORY finishing is a surprise, this route is convenient for the Open Skies service when coming from the region.
Is there really demand to fly (for example) EDI-LHR-ORY-JFK? And in that case you can now fly EDI-LCY-ORY-JFK, right?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:18 am

Interesting to see LCY-KEF, and could be quite handy for me under certain circumstances.

As an aside, is KEF the first destination served by BA with no lounge access at either end for us mere Silvers?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by squawk
.... is KEF the first destination served by BA with no lounge access at either end for us mere Silvers?
No IBZ is one other example.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Cityjet used to have a similar LCY ORY service but lost the codeshare with AF a while ago and canned the route in March IIRC.
Pricing will be interesting compared to the Eurostar.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Are you seeing ORY-LHR flights beyond 29 October?
Yes, I am. Inputted 15 Nov for OB and IB

Unless the system is still not updated
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Sunday ORY-LCY 14:00 service is poor for weekend leisure.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JALlover
Yes, I am. Inputted 15 Nov for OB and IB

Unless the system is still not updated
Odd they are still there. I am sure they will be removed in due course.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:28 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I doubt BA is hugely bothered about feeding Openskies from LHR. That's not what either services are designed for.
I believe the reason BA flies to ORY is solely due to Openskies. It seems to me there are a fair amount of connection, at least on the services I was on.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I believe the reason BA flies to ORY is solely due to Openskies. It seems to me there are a fair amount of connection, at least on the services I was on.
Interesting. Not my impression but I usually use thurs night our Monday am back so wouldn't be the right time to connect ... club cabin never more than 4 rows though, unlike the cdg bunfight with 10 rows plus of club and 60 in the priority boarding line
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Was. very leasantly surprised to see this on LCY facebook page. Prague will be of most interest to me as long as it is an E190. I typically fly CE to Prague but a bit miffed you get a panini in the new CE so I was thinking of reverting to Swiss. Via Zurich but this is a game changer.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Was. very leasantly surprised to see this on LCY facebook page. Prague will be of most interest to me as long as it is an E190. I typically fly CE to Prague but a bit miffed you get a panini in the new CE so I was thinking of reverting to Swiss. Via Zurich but this is a game changer.
You'll add 2 hours plus to a 2 hour journey just because catering was downgraded from a small mediocre meal to a mediocre panini?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
This is good news! Munich would have been perfect (instead of Prague). But ORY and KEF are nice additions.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
PRG is perfect for me. WAW is my second base alongside BHX so PRG is practically on my doorstep from there. Means I can avoid LHR if wanting to go direct to/from PRG.

KEF is a bit of a difference to GRX, especially if we're talking about the winter schedule.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
PRG is perfect for me. WAW is my second base alongside BHX so PRG is practically on my doorstep from there. Means I can avoid LHR if wanting to go direct to/from PRG.
But in order to get to WAW you would still need to arrange a DIY connection from PRG (e.g. LCY-PRG on BA and PRG-WAW on LO) and, considering the numerous options you have from BHX, you wouldn't really travel to London in order to travel LCY-PRG-WAW on separate tickets But then, we're on FlyerTalk

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.