FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New Routes from LCY (17/07/17) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1854740-new-routes-lcy-17-07-17-a.html)

monkeytennis Jul 18, 2017 4:33 am

New Routes from LCY (17/07/17)

BA will launch Paris Orly, Prague and Reykjavik (Keflavik) from London City at the start of the winter schedule. Flights seem to be on sale already.

florens Jul 18, 2017 4:36 am

KEF? Wow. :eek:

KARFA Jul 18, 2017 4:39 am

I think I share florens surprise at a LCY-KEF route. Has this been announced somewhere?

corporate-wage-slave Jul 18, 2017 4:41 am

KEF, centre of the known universe.

Actually Paris is the big news here.

poplarflyer Jul 18, 2017 4:44 am

Apparently GRX (Granada) will be suspended with KEF being the replacement.

rossmacd Jul 18, 2017 4:45 am

ORY is the good news in this. Excellent.

teledude Jul 18, 2017 4:45 am

KEF is showing SH+ and £139 each way in CE...nice :)

Sun/Thurs departures.

Deltus Jul 18, 2017 4:46 am

KEF is showing on Google flights. Looks like 2 rotations a week, Thursday morning and Sunday afternoon departures from LCY.

KARFA Jul 18, 2017 5:26 am

So I am now on the first LCY-KEF flight on 29 October in ET - never done an inaugural flight before. May take a POUG if offered. Doing a b2b at KEF and back at LCY at 2015 so can get a train home afterwards.

I am relying on the info in the b2b thread for KEF:

Order: Back-to-back | Transfer | Landside
KEF: Excellent | Excellent if non Schengen, Good otherwise | Good. BA flights tip arriving passengers into the departure gate. Foolproof.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 18, 2017 5:33 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28574428)
So I am now on the first LCY-KEF flight on 29 October in ET - never done an inaugural flight before. May take a POUG if offered. Doing a b2b at KEF and back at LCY at 2015 so can get a train home afterwards.

Yes, B2B should be easy since even if they use buses they discharge you into the same area, after security and Schengen. Just get your boarding pass before departing LHR. Bit of a long way mind..... Sit on the starboard out, port back, for the views at the Iceland end.

KARFA Jul 18, 2017 5:41 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28574455)
Yes, B2B should be easy since even if they use buses they discharge you into the same area, after security and Schengen. Just get your boarding pass before departing LHR. Bit of a long way mind..... Sit on the starboard out, port back, for the views at the Iceland end.

It is a longer one, but timings work since I can get back and get home on Sunday. For ORY there is only an outbound late Sunday. Could have done PRG b2b on Sunday but I decided to try KEF.

lorcancoyle Jul 18, 2017 6:09 am

This could be handy for my return to London after a PRG-DCA TP run!

KARFA Jul 18, 2017 6:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28574314)
Actually Paris is the big news here.

I see what you mean now. It seems LHR-ORY finishes on 28 October and the route effectively passes to LCY.

South London Bon Viveur Jul 18, 2017 6:34 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 28574325)
ORY is the good news in this. Excellent.

Agreed. The only way to compete with Eurostar on point to point traffic is to have an LCY- PAR rotation. Am interested to see what schedule will be.

ajamieson Jul 18, 2017 6:38 am

Hmm. I thought LHR-ORY was good for connecting traffic?

And shame about GRX. They seem to be chasing new route subsidies. Makes sense I suppose.