Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drinks during extended ground delays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Not, BA, but VS. Had an hours delay on way to Boston in Upper, announced, and you could hear the pop of the corks shortly after. Champers and crisps, movie on, and I was fine with that delay.

Sounds like different restrictions in the US. Different airlines might treat things differently. It was a nice surprise after flying BA for the last few years and didn't see anything like that.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:51 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by VillageFlyer
I'm on a one hour ground delay in Copenhagen (Club Europe to LHR). Only water, though a G&T would make me far happier. I guess also customs reasons?

VF
Not on an intra-EU flight, no. Just policy in this case, and a lack of desire to bring another cart out when the plane might start to move again. You could probably ask for one, but best case is you'll get it in a plastic cup.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by brentford77
Having boarded last (late incoming connection and almost missed the 174) am dying for a drink so I asked if it was possible to get a glass of champagne
I totally get it. I'm with you.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Had a long delay to LBA recently (3hrs +) and had no drinks sadly, you'll be please to know I did get a "Sorry".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.