Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads

Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 29, 18, 3:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
This is community help desk which allows members to assist each other in finding out how many seats are available on any given flight.

If you wish to request availability for a specific flight, please state the date and origin/departure airport codes, not just the flight number.

Please also restrict requests to BA/oneworld flights - flights for other airlines may be removed to avoid cluttering the thread and taking it away from BAEC.


As of 15 Oct 2014 flightstats.com no longer displays flight availability.

Fare class availability can be queried in various ways*:
* Please update wiki if you know of any others.
** Origin of data concealed and probably unauthorised (so buyer beware)


What do the codes mean?
Suppose we have a result as F1 A0 J9 C7 D0 RC IC W9 E9 T4 Y9 BC HC ...

This means:
There is 1 seat in the F bucket for sale
There are 0 seats in the A and D bucket for sale, but you can join the waitlist in case seats get released later.
There are at least 9 seats in the J, W, E and Y buckets.
The R, I, B and H buckets are closed to waitlisting.

There are two important things to note about how to interpret these numbers that many people don't understand as it is very counter intuitive:
1) There is NO direct relation to the actual number of seats available on the specific flight. They only mean that the airline is willing to sell this many seats on that specific flight. The airline may intend to oversell seats or withhold seats from sale for many reasons.

2) In the example above, the results show W9 E9 T4 (which are all WT+ buckets). This does not mean that there are 9+9+4=22 seats for sale. Interpret these numbers as "there are at least 9 seats for sale in WT+". There could really be anywhere between 9 and 22 seats for sale - we just can't tell from the numbers the system gives us. Therefore, the conservative approach of assuming that there are at least 9 seats for sale is usually the best one.


What does the "C" mean?
Closed to waitlisting.
In the example above we have RC, IC, BC and HC. This is different to A0 and D0: The A and D buckets are "full" but you can apply to join their waitlists (if your fare permits waitlisting). With R, I, B and H you cannot even request a seat.

The carrier will determine how to confirm your seat if it wishes. Sometimes this may happen immediately, other times only a few minutes before the flight's departure. The order of the waitlist is determined by the carrier privately, but your Executive Club status will push you towards the front of the queue. Many cheap fares do not allow waitlisting.


Differences for non-BA airlines
  • Some carriers (those using Sabre such as AA) only show a maximum of 7 available seats (not 9). Others only show a maximum of 5.
  • Some carriers use "L" instead of "0" (e.g., CL DL YL) to indicate you may waitlist for the seat. This tends to happen when the entire flight is on a list basis.
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Sep 18, 17, 3:16 am
  #376  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LHR
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 240
Hi all,

Please can someone confirm the loads for BA175 LHR - JFK on 23rd Sept?

It looks like WTP is pretty full but there is space in CW

Thanks
smckay is offline  
Old Sep 18, 17, 4:51 am
  #377  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by smckay View Post
hi all,

please can someone confirm the loads for ba175 lhr - jfk on 23rd sept?

It looks like wtp is pretty full but there is space in cw

thanks

F9 A9 J9 C4 D4 R1 I0 W9 E9 T5 Y9 B8 H8 K6 M3 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Tinseltown is offline  
Old Sep 18, 17, 2:43 pm
  #378  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Programs: BA, SAA
Posts: 52
Loads for BA2203 LGW-CUN on Mon 2 Apr please.
Prices seem to be fluctuating over the last fortnight - wondering whether to book now or wait.
propitious is offline  
Old Sep 19, 17, 3:44 am
  #379  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 45
Could someone please check BA55 LHR-JNB 24/09/17 please? Many thanks
Wombler is offline  
Old Sep 19, 17, 4:40 am
  #380  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ANR, BELGIUM
Programs: EXTRAORDINAIRE
Posts: 315
Hi please can somebody be kind enough :

BA 106 dxb-lhr 24/09/17
BA 392 lhr-bru 24/09/17

Thanx a lot in advance.
diamantaire is offline  
Old Sep 19, 17, 5:15 am
  #381  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,504
Originally Posted by propitious View Post
Loads for BA2203 LGW-CUN on Mon 2 Apr please.
Prices seem to be fluctuating over the last fortnight - wondering whether to book now or wait.
Long way ahead, but Easter. Can't imagine waiting will help.

MON 02APR18 LONDON AREA /CANCUN
LGW CUN 1110 1540 BA2203
J9 C9 D7 R1 IC W9 E0 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 MC LC VC SC NC QC OC G0
Sam Bee is offline  
Old Sep 19, 17, 5:16 am
  #382  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,504
Originally Posted by Wombler View Post
Could someone please check BA55 LHR-JNB 24/09/17 please? Many thanks
Choca.

SUN 24SEP17 LONDON AREA /JOHANNESBURG
LHR JNB 24/1905#0705 BA 55
F0 A0 J9 C9 D1 RC IC W8 EC TC Y4 B0 H0 K0 M0 LC VC SC NC QC OC G0
Sam Bee is offline  
Old Sep 19, 17, 5:19 am
  #383  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,504
Originally Posted by diamantaire View Post
Hi please can somebody be kind enough :

BA 106 dxb-lhr 24/09/17
BA 392 lhr-bru 24/09/17

Thanx a lot in advance.
Married Segment Logic:

SUN 24SEP17 DUBAI /BRUSSELS
DXB LHR 0130 0615 BA 106
F9 A9 J9 C4 D2 RC IC W9 E9 T5 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N7 QC OC G0
BRU 0825 1035 BA 392
J5 C1 D1 RC IC Y8 B1 H0 K0 M0 LC VC NC QC OC SC G0

Broken down - seems the same:

SUN 24SEP17 DUBAI /LONDON
1 DXB LHR 0130 0615 BA 106
F9 A9 J9 C4 D2 RC IC W9 E9 T5 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N7 QC OC G0
SUN 24SEP17 LONDON AREA /BRUSSELS
LHR BRU 0825 1035 BA 392
J5 C1 D1 RC IC Y8 B1 H0 K0 M0 LC VC NC QC OC SC G0
Sam Bee is offline  
Old Sep 19, 17, 5:22 am
  #384  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ANR, BELGIUM
Programs: EXTRAORDINAIRE
Posts: 315
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Married Segment Logic:

SUN 24SEP17 DUBAI /BRUSSELS
DXB LHR 0130 0615 BA 106
F9 A9 J9 C4 D2 RC IC W9 E9 T5 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N7 QC OC G0
BRU 0825 1035 BA 392
J5 C1 D1 RC IC Y8 B1 H0 K0 M0 LC VC NC QC OC SC G0

Broken down - seems the same:

SUN 24SEP17 DUBAI /LONDON
1 DXB LHR 0130 0615 BA 106
F9 A9 J9 C4 D2 RC IC W9 E9 T5 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N7 QC OC G0
SUN 24SEP17 LONDON AREA /BRUSSELS
LHR BRU 0825 1035 BA 392
J5 C1 D1 RC IC Y8 B1 H0 K0 M0 LC VC NC QC OC SC G0
@Sam Bee thanx a lot
diamantaire is offline  
Old Sep 19, 17, 5:26 am
  #385  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Choca.

SUN 24SEP17 LONDON AREA /JOHANNESBURG
LHR JNB 24/1905#0705 BA 55
F0 A0 J9 C9 D1 RC IC W8 EC TC Y4 B0 H0 K0 M0 LC VC SC NC QC OC G0
Thank you
Wombler is offline  
Old Sep 20, 17, 3:54 am
  #386  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 79
Hi please can someone check the flight load for BA0271 departing 28 September 2017 at 12:20. Thanks in advance
omarlc is offline  
Old Sep 20, 17, 8:59 am
  #387  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Programs: BA, SAA
Posts: 52
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Long way ahead, but Easter. Can't imagine waiting will help.

MON 02APR18 LONDON AREA /CANCUN
LGW CUN 1110 1540 BA2203
J9 C9 D7 R1 IC W9 E0 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 MC LC VC SC NC QC OC G0
Thank you. All booked.
propitious is offline  
Old Sep 20, 17, 10:54 am
  #388  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Can someone check LHR-NRT BA5 on 29 September 2017.
Thanks.
OrangeorRWB is offline  
Old Sep 20, 17, 11:06 am
  #389  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: near to SFO and LHR
Programs: VS Gold, BA Gold, B6, VX, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Posts: 2,051
Originally Posted by OrangeorRWB View Post
Can someone check LHR-NRT BA5 on 29 September 2017.
Thanks.
Here you go: F2 A1 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

Looks very full!
StingWest is offline  
Old Sep 20, 17, 11:09 am
  #390  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by StingWest View Post
Here you go: F2 A1 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

Looks very full!
I thought as much. Luckily we already have our tickets in WTP, interesting to see how the flight is!
OrangeorRWB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread