Wiki Posts
Search

Sir, Don't Roll Your Eyes at Me - LHR-CPT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Naturally. We're here primarily for your safety, not to provide service!

Time to name and shame! Appalling indeed.
CSM. No idea where the F cabin is, clueless about service and a Manager cause no one else will take the job, but generally would be hard pushed to manage their way out of a paper bag.

People complain BA is nt consistent. On this route this is very consistent with my experience so many times. At least it's consistent here - the F cabin service is usually totally clueless. The triumph was a crew member in her 3rd ever time in F lecturing my partner in 1k about the service pattern - quite a feat to tell a top BA and LH flyer how it's done. It's not just the rubbish service but the attitude on this route that sucks. Another Alex Cruz triumph then.

Needless to say where we have a choice BA no longer get F business from us - e.g. Singapore, Miami, etc. Just easier to go elsewhere.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The long haul breakfast service on BA has always been on the poor side in my experience even in F. They start it far too close to arrival which leads to mistakes.....I got a cold pot of tea once.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:20 am

"Don't roll your eyes"... Is that a direct order to be treated as a legal instruction? Think their power has gone to their head. Takes some cojones to tell someone what to do with their eyes.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You should complain to BA.

While many on here feel this would be a waste of time you can be guaranteed there will be ZERO follow up with this individual if you don't let BA know about your experience.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. During the Mixed Fleet strikes whilst BA are saying that they're getting the majority of the flights away, on many occasions (and it sounds like it was with yours), they're doing so with a minimum crew complement. Despite this, it's absolutely not acceptable for the people that have chosen to come to work to offer any less service or make people feel grateful for them being there. Absolutely a complaint should be in order, although I fear that most other posters are right in saying that BA sadly just don't care.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jul 4, 2017 at 9:28 am Reason: Remove offensive term
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
It's the strike, pure and simple. Lots of flights are going with no (or few) F-trained crew, and service is naturally going to suffer. The alternative is either to downgrade F to CW service (which AC banned after the first strike) or offer whatever service can be cobbled together with whatever crew they have available. Or cancel the flight, obviously. In the grand scheme of things, which would you prefer?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:44 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
It's the strike, pure and simple. Lots of flights are going with no (or few) F-trained crew, and service is naturally going to suffer. The alternative is either to downgrade F to CW service (which AC banned after the first strike) or offer whatever service can be cobbled together with whatever crew they have available. Or cancel the flight, obviously. In the grand scheme of things, which would you prefer?
BA has the capability to end this strike right away.

How about that for an alternative?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Yesterday, my family and I flew BA 59 from LHR to CPT. Breakfast service was very uneven, so I asked to speak to the Cabin Service Manager (CSM).

His responses were disappointing and unsettling.

As I explained my issues, example, service on one side of the aircraft begun and almost finished while the other side... not even started.

He then proceeded to convince me that I should discontinue the use of British Airways with statements as follows.

1. Sir, do not roll your eyes at me.

2. You should be grateful for our service as we are having a labor issue.

I would not accept this in Economy much less First.

My wife and daughter observed the entire exchange and were appalled.

British Airways... you have a problem.
If one pays for a flight ticket, they shouldn't have to be grateful for anything. I would've said, "No, YOU SIR should be grateful I'm paying your salary by purchasing an overpriced first class ticket."
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by V10
BA has the capability to end this strike right away.

How about that for an alternative?
Seems to me that BA management don't much like their staff. Virtually all strikes and disputes can be put at the door of poor management. This one is no different.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I feel like you all have a very different definition of appalling than we do in the US...
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DrGee
Seems to me that BA management don't much like their staff. Virtually all strikes and disputes can be put at the door of poor management. This one is no different.
I disagree. It depends on what position people on each side take - it can be just as much the staff as the employer
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I disagree. It depends on what position people on each side take - it can be just as much the staff as the employer
Not my experience on the whole but let us simply differ on the matter.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by jday
I don't think that is unusual. I've seen side disparity many times. In first and below. In the grand scheme of all things which could go wrong it's not big - you will all get served before you get off the plane.
I agree with this, I do not see an issue here that is worth being reported to BA.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
To be clear, what was upsetting was the attitude and language of the CSM.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:37 am

Staff must be on edge given the situation in the airline. The industrial action, the recent IT outage and subsequent bad media coverage. It's hard for staff to deliver top notch service if they're distracted, their heart's not in it and they don't feel their actions make a difference as far as their own prospects are concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.