Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sir, Don't Roll Your Eyes at Me - LHR-CPT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Sir, Don't Roll Your Eyes at Me - LHR-CPT

Yesterday, my family and I flew BA 59 from LHR to CPT. Breakfast service was very uneven, so I asked to speak to the Cabin Service Manager (CSM).

His responses were disappointing and unsettling.

As I explained my issues, example, service on one side of the aircraft begun and almost finished while the other side... not even started.

He then proceeded to convince me that I should discontinue the use of British Airways with statements as follows.

1. Sir, do not roll your eyes at me.

2. You should be grateful for our service as we are having a labor issue.

I would not accept this in Economy much less First.

My wife and daughter observed the entire exchange and were appalled.

British Airways... you have a problem.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Yesterday, my family and I flew BA 59 from LHR to CPT. Breakfast service was very uneven, so I asked to speak to the Cabin Service Manager (CSM).

His responses were disappointing and unsettling.

As I explained my issues, example, service on one side of the aircraft begun and almost finished while the other side... not even started.

He then proceeded to convince me that I should discontinue the use of British Airways with statements as follows.

I would not accept this in Economy much less First.

My wife and daughter observed the entire exchange and were appalled.

British Airways... you have a problem.
I'm assuming this was in First?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Awesome.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Yes, First, my wife was in 1K and she and everyone on that side of the aircraft had gotten breakfast while my daughter and I, 1A and 2A, and that side of the aircraft... service was non-existent. Apparently a major disparity between the two flight attendants serving the cabin. CSM position... they were doing their jobs and be grateful we were not getting "club service". A comment that I still do not understand.

Last edited by AlwaysOnTheRoad; Jul 4, 2017 at 1:09 am
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, First, my wife was in 1K and she and everyone on that side of the aircraft had gotten breakfast while my daughter and I, 1A and 2A, and that side of the aircraft... service was non-existent. Apparently a major disparity between the two flight attendants serving the cabin.
Very annoying I know.

I was in 5E once and the passenger (who ISTR been upgraded in 5K) was on his brandy and cigars (well metaphorically smoking a cigar obviously) while I was still waiting for a top up of my post take off drink!

I had a word with the CSD on the SIN to LHR flight and the service levels improved. She, fortunately, behaved more appropriately that the one you met.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
You should complain to BA.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Finally, someone else that has an experience in BA F that I can recognize. Mine has not been as bad, but they are not far from it.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I honestly think their response will be similar to:

Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
...be grateful we were not getting "club service". A comment that I sill do not understand.
I suspect this is a reference to the fact that during previous strikes earlier this year, some long haul flights went with reduced crew, resulting in Club World meal service in First. Don't know if that is happening at all with the current strike.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Don't waste your time. BA couldn't care less. The days of the passenger coming first are long gone.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I don't think that is unusual. I've seen side disparity many times. In first and below. In the grand scheme of all things which could go wrong it's not big - you will all get served before you get off the plane.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
I suspect this is a reference to the fact that during previous strikes earlier this year, some long haul flights went with reduced crew, resulting in Club World meal service in First. Don't know if that is happening at all with the current strike.
Frankly, I would have taken this deal.

Downgrade to CW (but keep the F seat), CW catering, big chunk of Avios returned and potentially EU261 .....

Although I get a feeling they didn't treat it as a downgrade last time?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sounds like your wife was woken unnecessarily early for breakfast. Whoever was serving your side wanted to allow you to rest for the maximum possible time.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Sounds like your wife was woken unnecessarily early for breakfast. Whoever was serving your side wanted to allow you to rest for the maximum possible time.
Thatbis my pet hate.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

What service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.