Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to Las Palmas

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Flights to Las Palmas

Hi,
I'm interested in going to Gran Canaria next year with BA CE rather than bucket and spade, and notice they fly from LHR to LPA direct on Saturdays, but whilst I can see an outbound flight say on 24th March, there are none later than that or any direct return flights in April.Do they stop the direct flights in April or am I too early in looking? Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:50 pm

winter schedule operates until end March then it moves to summer schedule. LPA is a seasonal route so will likely start again in October
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA run their own metal to LPA during the winter (a great time to go there, incidentally) but the rest of the year the route's operation is shared with IB Express. They are on a 330 year calendar anyway, but for these non core routes they often plug into the schedule later than BA would do.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, do you mean Iberia - do you know when they would make flights available for summer, if I am understanding you correctly?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Iberia Express, IB franchise, I quite like their flights in J.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulaf
Thanks, do you mean Iberia - do you know when they would make flights available for summer, if I am understanding you correctly?
Yes, IB Express is an "arm's length" subsidiary of Iberia. I seem to recall this question - about booking window - came up a year ago! I don't know, but I suspect we are probably looking at a 6 month horizon there.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Hi paulaf, have you considered flying indirect with an outbound stopover in Madrid? IB fly an A340-600 daily from LHR to MAD. This is a great aircraft with lie flat seats in Business class with a 1-2-1 configuration.

LHR-MAD IB 3167 18:35 - 21:55
MAD-LHR IB 3166 15:45 - 17:05

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ib...340-600_V1.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.