Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways 747 Business Class: Who designed this seat? (YouTube Video Review)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways 747 Business Class: Who designed this seat? (YouTube Video Review)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet

Well I think it is the job of a reviewer to find the faults and that is what he does. Let's be honest... no product is perfect and so if he didn't find fault he wouldn't be doing a good job. The issue for me is does he find genuine issues or is he just moaning... I thought his review of the BA J seating was pretty good.

If he did a review and just said this product is excellent all round then I for one would be highly suspicious that he was being sponsored to say that as any honest reviewer will find things to improve.
Firstly it's a hobby not a job for most video bloggers and secondly a decent blogger would provide a balanced objective opinion.

Equally, I take TRs and Bloggers with a pinch of salt as invariable their tastes are slightly different to mine and I fly often enough to make my own mind up, for those who don't then they are a useful resource, but worth viewing a few by the same blogger and try to find someone who is akin to your own taste who may not be the most popular (after all Jeremy Clarkson rated the Astra in a Sunday newspaper article in 2009)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Is he a contributor here by any chance?
Not to my knowledge. However if you look him up on LinkedIn you'll see he isn't just a travel vlogger - he's a genuine travel professional with a ton of experience.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
Not to my knowledge. However if you look him up on LinkedIn you'll see he isn't just a travel vlogger - he's a genuine travel professional with a ton of experience.
And a volvo driver

http://www.bunniktours.com.au/About-Us/Our-Team
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Well, nobody's perfect.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Hengilas
Have you flown QR J on the 777? It is without a doubt one of the most spacious business class seats in the sky. It may look old and not have as much privacy, but boy does that seat deliver (especially more so when combined with the QR service + meals)
A wonderful seat indeed and unlike others I had no problem to stand up and step over my seatmate who I hardly noticed anyway, there was enough room to get up..
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Yes, I would agree that all aspects of a business must be commercially viable and I can see how the compromises had to be made... doesn't make it a good design though. It makes it a commercially viable design and may be a good design with the commercial constraints. Good for the company... not necessarily so good for the customer.

I guess you are looking at it from the company perspective... I am looking at it from the passenger perspective.
I wish every business class seat was like the EY Apartments!!! That would be great design -
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Dunno, sounds like a pretty awesome guy who I'd love to have a beer with from the description. Probably has more travel under his belt than 95% of FTers, too.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Just landed this morning and spent the night in Club World in the 747 bubble.

Thought the seat was great, for about the second time I have been able to sleep on an overnight flight (the other time was also on BA)...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Dunno, sounds like a pretty awesome guy who I'd love to have a beer with from the description. Probably has more travel under his belt than 95% of FTers, too.
His recent trips include America, the Caribbean, Mexico, France, Austria, England, Germany, Holland, Libya, Egypt, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Cambodia.
Check
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

Well he may or may not.

But either way ...... it won't stop some people finding irrational reasons to badmouth him as an individual - rather than focus on the specific issue of what he has to say about the CW seat.

We have seen similar scenarios where media coverage of the recent systems outage is concerned : reading certain posts one could be forgiven for thinking that the press - as opposed to BA - were somehow to blame for the inconvenience & general chaos suffered by the airline's passengers
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
[/B]

Well he may or may not.

But either way ...... it won't stop some people finding irrational reasons to badmouth him as an individual - rather than focus on the specific issue of what he has to say about the CW seat.

We have seen similar scenarios where media coverage of the recent systems outage is concerned : reading certain posts one could be forgiven for thinking that the press - as opposed to BA - were somehow to blame for the inconvenience & general chaos suffered by the airline's passengers
Ah yes....the BA can do no wrong crowd.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Ah yes....the BA can do no wrong crowd.
Oh, please ... been there, done that!

The guy expressed a personal view. Some agree, some don't. Is this the week's cyber-yawn?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by T8191
Oh, please ... been there, done that!

The guy expressed a personal view. Some agree, some don't. Is this the week's cyber-yawn?
Indeed, people do like to put someone into a theoretical box when the reality is they just have a different point of view.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by navylad
Indeed, people do like to put someone into a theoretical box when the reality is they just have a different point of view.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Pot. Kettle. Black.
My comments weren't aimed at any one individual, just human nature, but
I don't think I've put anyone in a box here, feel free to PM me if you honestly think I have, would be more than happy to apologies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.