Wiki Posts
Search

Window shades night flights (sun up)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Firstly may I thank you all for replies. In this case it was my wife who was the "aggrieved passenger". I was sat in 2E. I normally prefer a window seat but as we were travelling as a couple I chose the middle pair so the window seats were available for single travellers. I won't make that mistake again. I have passed the views onto to my wife who remains unimpressed, but on a personal note I totally accept the book a window seat if you want to control the blinds, but personally if every other passenger was asleep and all the other blinds were down I would not go against the flow. I consider this to have been a night flight having only got airborne at about 00.30 we were only a third of the way into the flight and only two hours into the sleep pattern after the meal service. I was wearing eye masks as was my wife who had also taken sleeping tablets, but such was the brightness of the sun I had to raise the devider (selfish I know) just to get back to sleep.
One other point I didn't mention in my OP was that the same passenger was in the next booth to ourselves in the Sin CCR and was very loud and agitated on his phone, had a raised voice argument with his female travelling companion on the boarding announcement who pointed out in no uncertain terms that "He was a selfish bas***d" and this frame of mind may explain why he didn't seem amendable to the blind request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.