Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR haircut

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed there is, roughly at the half way point between North and South. It's Bradley Smith, and he has a website here:

http://bradleysmithhair.com/

price list for T5
http://bradleysmithhair.com/wp-conte...3/Heathrow.png

I keep meaning to give it a go, when I'm on a lot of flight rotations getting a haircut is a bit of an issue for me, and it's a lot easier at German airports, where even small airports like Bremen have barbers, albeit at a price. In the past I've taking Heathrow Connect to Ealing Broadway or a bus to Feltham between flights.

[One huge advantage of living in the North East, haircuts come at £6, with a quid off for farmers!]
Even in London's least salubrious neighbourhoods you would do very well indeed to get a hair cut for less than £10. In the City you are usually looking at double that, and I would expect LHR to be similar if they did have a barber's. Pretty good idea actually.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I am rather intrigued by what Bradley Smith are offering for £180! That seems to be a whole new level of personal service.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by madfish
I am rather intrigued by what Bradley Smith are offering for £180! That seems to be a whole new level of personal service.
Certainly more than the number 1 back and sides that my ageing hairline requires😀
Old May 29, 2017, 5:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Brazilian blowdry/blowout? That's hair straightening and keratin treatment. It's expensive anywhere.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rapidex
Try Pontrfract.£4 including beard trim
My god, why am I still paying £8 for a haircut in Leeds
Old May 29, 2017, 5:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA
That's cos you're in the posh part of Yorkshire.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
That's cos you're in the posh part of Yorkshire.
That would be Harrogate! Haircut there would be costing double figures

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Brazilian blowdry/blowout? That's hair straightening and keratin treatment. It's expensive anywhere.
Can you please delete this post before mrs rapidex spots it.I'm still trying to convince her £4 is expensive
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I had to google it! Normally associate 'Brazilian' with something else!
Old May 29, 2017, 5:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I had to google it! Normally associate 'Brazilian' with something else!
I was expecting to see such a response.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:20 am

There are Royal Mail boxes all over T5. ...
T3 Post Office is no longer run by the Royal Mail, but it is open on Sunday mornings as well as the rest of the week.
Originally Posted by dakaix
In T2 Departures the postbox is on the upper level opposite Giraffe and WHSmith at the far left hand side as you exit Security.

In T3 your options are the post office (if it's open), or otherwise immediately after Security - before the duty free.
As ever, thanks for the highly detailed and very useful information c-w-s - and dakaix! Mentally noted for future reference!

Originally Posted by apollo00
I don't need them very often but when I do, I'm usually in a position of absolutely having to post something before I fly
Yep, this was the position I was in the last time I went through LHR. Luckily I was departing from T3, so I used the Post Office there.
Old May 29, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Indeed there is, roughly at the half way point between North and South. It's Bradley Smith, and he has a website here:

http://bradleysmithhair.com/

price list for T5
http://bradleysmithhair.com/wp-conte...3/Heathrow.png

I keep meaning to give it a go, when I'm on a lot of flight rotations getting a haircut is a bit of an issue for me, and it's a lot easier at German airports, where even small airports like Bremen have barbers, albeit at a price. In the past I've taking Heathrow Connect to Ealing Broadway or a bus to Feltham between flights.

[One huge advantage of living in the North East, haircuts come at £6, with a quid off for farmers!]
I went there for a haircut just before leaving on a trip. Service was pretty ok but people will stare at you as you're literally next to hundreds of people passing by. Also, they only take cash but there are ATM's just opposite of the "salon".
Old May 29, 2017, 7:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by squawk
As ever, thanks for the highly detailed and very useful information c-w-s - and dakaix! Mentally noted for future reference!

Yep, this was the position I was in the last time I went through LHR. Luckily I was departing from T3, so I used the Post Office there.
For those in the position of having to get something printed and posting with no access to these facilities, then there are companies that will print and post your documents for you. I only know about them having read similar on here (no prizes for guessing that it was CWS that provided such information).

I did look look into this and it was very reasonable for an A4 letter sent first class. Sorry, but cannot remember the name of the company that was recommended.
Old May 29, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Originally Posted by KARFA
Cue the old Harry Enfield sketch: "Don't talk to me about sophisticated -- I've *been* to Leeds"

Old May 29, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by squawk
I hope you both enjoy your trip. and their significant other may soon be relocating there, so I now have an invitation.
i would take them up on that. Lovely city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.