Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up Yours BA

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold , HH Diamond , IHG Diamond Elite, Accor Gold
Up Yours BA

Well its finally happened,its bye bye BA,after the fiasco of today,i have finally had enough of BA,i have been GGL for 3 years,which means bugger all with BA and their lame service recovery,after several calls to GGL in Manchester,

It's a genuine sorry (yes,i feel sorry for the staff and their well being) but it's simply not a consistent service,after various calls with various staff answering,i was given several answers to the same question,and the over riding impression of no immediate power to rectify a service recovery problem,extremely poor in my view,

So now i am Ł205 out of pocket buying a virgin walk up fare ticket,and tomorrow Ł600 odd buying a new ticket with KL to get me where i need to be,what happened to endorsing tickets with other carriers !,oh yes that involves money,

Alex Cruz you are a disgrace to the airline buisness,and i sincerely hope he falls on his own sword after the fiasco of yesterday and today,

It's not just about my own events of today,BA is a shadow of it's former self as are most legacy airlines these days,but YES there are other options/alternatives available,and without going into details,i have had the pleasure of several other carriers in SH and Lh recently with substantially better products,both soft and hard,I only have a spend of Ł12/14k a year with BA,so small fry to them,but for me and from now on that money will be spent elsewhere,

Good Riddance
BA
Old May 28, 2017, 3:21 pm

Oh dear! I don't fly BA much but I think it's a nice airline with good lounges at LHR. Sorry you're off to greener pastures.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I get that you're annoyed but you're one of literally tens of thousands of people they're having to deal with today. Leave it a couple of days and call again - you'll get your money back.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Oh dear! I don't fly BA much but I think it's a nice airline with good lounges at LHR. Sorry you're off to greener pastures.
The lounges aren't that good.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
I'm not defending BA, but I do want to share a couple of observations.

Originally Posted by RGMD11
Alex Cruz you are a disgrace to the airline buisness,and i sincerely hope he falls on his own sword after the fiasco of yesterday and today,
Many say that about Carsten Spohr (LH Group), Oscar Munoz (UA) and other airline CEOs.

BA is a shadow of it's former self as are most legacy airlines these days
Same can (unfortunately) be said about many other airlines. The only consolidation is that air travel has become much cheaper since the first large airlines took to the sky.

I have given up on brand loyalty a long time ago. I pick my flights for each route individually and I'm happy with that.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold , HH Diamond , IHG Diamond Elite, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
The lounges aren't that good.
mediocre at best

Last edited by RGMD11; May 28, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Old May 28, 2017, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Well its finally happened,its bye bye BA,after the fiasco of today,i have finally had enough of BA,i have been GGL for 3 years,which means bugger all with BA and their lame service recovery,after several calls to GGL in Manchester,

It's a genuine sorry (yes,i feel sorry for the staff and their well being) but it's simply not a consistent service,after various calls with various staff answering,i was given several answers to the same question,and the over riding impression of no immediate power to rectify a service recovery problem,extremely poor in my view,

So now i am Ł205 out of pocket buying a virgin walk up fare ticket,and tomorrow Ł600 odd buying a new ticket with KL to get me where i need to be,what happened to endorsing tickets with other carriers !,oh yes that involves money,

It's not just about my own events of today,BA is a shadow of it's former self as are most legacy airlines these days,but YES there are other options/alternatives available,and without going into details,i have had the pleasure of several other carriers in SH and Lh recently with substantially better products,both soft and hard,I only have a spend of Ł12/14k a year with BA,so small fry to them,but for me and from now on that money will be spent elsewhere,

Good Riddance
BA
Don't blame BA. Blame BA Executive Management, The Board and IAG.

Last edited by deboyzoned; May 28, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Old May 28, 2017, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you want compensation, then if it is due, write into BA detailing the amount and why and see if it is forthcoming
Old May 28, 2017, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WorldLux
I'm not defending BA, but I do want to share a couple of observations.

Many say that about Carsten Spohr (LH Group), Oscar Munoz (UA) and other airline CEOs.

Same can (unfortunately) be said about many other airlines. The only consolidation is that air travel has become much cheaper since the first large airlines took to the sky.

I have given up on brand loyalty a long time ago. I pick my flights for each route individually and I'm happy with that.
Yes agreed,
But there are exceptions,let me talk of Fernando Pinto (he almost turned RG around but that's another story) at TP,he has made a very mundane and often state assisted airline (and all that associates with this) into a modern and credible forward thinking company,
Alex Cruz is only interested in a big bonus and nothing more,no genuine pride in what he does,very very sad,but that's the way the world is going in general

Last edited by RGMD11; May 29, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Old May 28, 2017, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you want compensation, then if it is due, write into BA detailing the amount and why and see if it is forthcoming

Absolutely not interested in compensation,it's a question of principal and integrity
which sadly is now missing with BA
Old May 28, 2017, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Don't blame BA. Blame BA Executive Management, The Board and IAG.

Yes you are correct in your response,
And only today i was informed by the CSD on my flight,and she had a good few things to say,and of which i will not repeat them here out of respect,hence i gave her my last 2 remaining golden tickets to her and a colleague retiring soon,
Old May 28, 2017, 3:53 pm

Absolutely not interested in compensation,it's a question of principal and integrity
which sadly is now missing with BA
Your post indicates as desire for compensation given references to being out of pocket - what did you want from the airline when you called it?
Old May 28, 2017, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Yes you are correct in your response,
And only today i was informed by the CSD on my flight,and she had a good few things to say,and of which i will not repeat them here out of respect,hence i gave her my last 2 remaining golden tickets to her and a colleague retiring soon,
I'm in agreement with you. Unfortunately the BA staff don't get any recognition on receiving Golden Tickets. 😔

Alex Cruz has to go. For those posters who try to defend him. We are not interested in your views.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
I'm in agreement with you. Unfortunately the BA staff don't get any recognition on receiving Golden Tickets. ��

Alex Cruz has to go. For those posters who try to defend him. We are not interested in your views.
People are entitled to their views and to post accordingly there are a lot of people who frequesnt this forum - have you confirmed that all of these only want anti Cruz comments?
Old May 28, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Your post indicates as desire for compensation given references to being out of pocket - what did you want from the airline when you called it?
I suspect from reading the op his travel endorsed to an alternative carrier/routing so he could reach his destination?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.