Wiki Posts
Search

My experience on the Las Vegas flight

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Apart from the older IFE, F in the LAS flights is the same as other F flights ( whilst you cannot use the T5 CCR, you can try the CX F lounge)

I am off to LAS with my mother in July and booked F out CW back and will try the CX and BA lounges in T3

Regards

TBS
Re the IFE. I had a round trip SAN-LHR-SAN trip in F over the Christmas and New Year holidays last year. Outbound was on a super-hi J with the return on a mid J. No issues with the IFE on the outbound, but on the return, my touch screen wouldn't work, so I had to use the remote, so no biggie, but half the plane had no functioning IFE. Several reboots later, the crew option to go with the old fashioned tape loop option with about 19 or so channels, but no on demand option.

Both my flights for this holiday season, now that they've switched back to a 747, are scheduled to be super-hi J
Old May 29, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA - Silver
Originally Posted by COREi5
Hi,
I was quite surprised the state of the plane the Las Vegas flight is from Heathrow terminal 3.
I was in Club World and it was advisably unclean, parts of the wall molding was falling out and the general style of the Upper Deck looked very old.

Is there a lot of the BA fleet like this? Next time I will travel in the main cabin to avoid this however I just thought it was very disappointing for a business class product.

I have these flights in Club World would it be best to avoid the Upper Deck on these as well?

BA0182, 22:55 Tue 11 Jul 2017, Club World (NYC to LHR)
BA0183, 19:50 Fri 04 Aug 2017, Club World (LHR to NYC)

Would anyone recommend good seats in Club World? I am trying to find the aircraft codes on MMB but I cannot seem to find them, If anyone could assist here it would be greatly appreciated. I always traveled in WTP but recently obtained Silver and due to other reasons I can travel in Club World now.

Thanks
Hi,

Flew LAS-LHR last week 23/5 on the Upper deck and can agree about cleanliness of cabin. Just awful. I took a few pics of the storage cupboards which were filthy.

Can only refer to these 744 on this route as cattle trucks. Flew out in WT but could drink my way through that!!
Old May 29, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Silver
Not related to LAS but on a recent BA292 from IAD, the plane was a 747 whereas last year it had been a 777. The general level of repair on the 747 was surprisingly poor. I enjoyed the 747, as it was my first, but wow was it tired. The CW configuration was the same as the 777 had been and the seat area was fine, it was just the rest of the airplane that was worn. Unfortunately I just assumed it would be a 777 again and didn't check into getting a UD seat :-(
Old May 29, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fiona
My F flight to Vegas last month was definitely in a new First. So I seem to have been lucky?
And I got the new washbags
I don't think it was the absolute latest First which has upgraded entertainment with larger screens. You see that on the A380s.

I am in Las Vegas now after having come over in F. The flight was excellent. There were just five of us up front and the cabin was super calm. The Liberty amenity kits are lovely.

All this said, I agree with all who have said that Business in the AA 777Ws' min cabins just behind their first class is amazing. I am perhaps easily pleased (do not drink alcohol etc.) but enjoy the icecream sundaes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.