Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is the BAEC forum so chatty/active?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
It is my impression that British premium cabin flyers are more snooty/snobby and care more about exclusivity, privacy, priority boarding/service and dress codes in their premium cabins. And they tend to make the least substantive complaints about level of service. Am I right ?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:10 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
It is my impression that British premium cabin flyers are more snooty/snobby and care more about exclusivity, privacy, priority boarding/service and dress codes in their premium cabins. And they tend to make the least substantive complaints about level of service. Am I right ?
No.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmi goldenboy
Back in the day when I flew BMI the banter was great on their forum but to get info on general star info, TP building etc you needed to stay on top of the other SA forums. I don't post much (.....lurker) but can easily get pretty much any info I need on runs, sales and other helpful hints and tips without browsing other forums. This forum is pretty much self contained for me and imagine so for others. Also the BARC banter is a bit more upscale than the Diamond Club forum offered ;-)
Yep, our "barc" is much worse than our bite
Old May 19, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fitch
Yep, our "barc" is much worse than our bite
oops, sorry, on the friday guinness run and tipo's are common at this time....
Old May 19, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
No.

There are a few who suffer from self-importance, but I have the impression that generally [especially from those I have met in person] they are a typical ceos-section of 'society'. Some are indeed so far skewed from the norm that it's quite fascinating!

We have drunkards, teetotallers, old people, young people, middle-aged and fat people ... some work, some are retired, some are undecided.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Good point about natural EN bias but BAEC blows each of the US3 forums out of the water in terms of activity.
Yes, but that's because most Americans on Flyertalk are divided between those airlines, but most Brits on Flyertalk forum fly BA. LCCs are underrepresented here since it's mostly business travelers, and the only other major non-LCC player in the UK, VS, is too limited in terms of their mileage program and partnerships with other airlines to be an effective competitor to BA.

So the BA forum has a lot more traffic than the American forums individually, but if there was one national US airline, its forum would have way more traffic than here.

Kind of like how Fox News is the most watched cable network in the US. The fact that it's the only mainstream network that caters to a particular political view automatically makes it #1, since other political views are split across multiple networks.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Kumulani
Yes, but that's because most Americans on Flyertalk are divided between those airlines, but most Brits on Flyertalk forum fly BA. LCCs are underrepresented here since it's mostly business travelers, and the only other major non-LCC player in the UK, VS, is too limited in terms of their mileage program and partnerships with other airlines to be an effective competitor to BA.
I would argue VS's actual limitation in this context is its lack of a short-haul network, but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

As for here, whilst we do have a few dashboard threads, questions already answered elsewhere tend to get answered again here rather than merged into a megathread. I do however wish that the hysterical posts about fees to assign seats early in Club World, almost exclusively from those accustomed to US-based airlines, would be merged into such a megathread, and/or the posters reminded of the search feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.