Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MH code share flights not awarded Tier Points with BAEC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I recently did a tier points run with the aim of attaining BA Gold. Most of my flights posted, however the 140 tp that is supposed to take me to the next level did not. The following are the flight details:

Flight #: MH9117 (operated by JAL)
Fare class: D (business)

I have tried claiming missing avios, but they were rejected on the count that this was not an eligible flight for collection. Do the experts here know what I'm missing. I have looked through the entire executive club page and did not find the answer. (Sold by OW - Yes, Operated by OW -Yes, MH 9000s series - not one of the exclusion flights). My tier points year has ended, so there is no way for me to do another TP run, really disappointing if I missed out on Gold due to some carelessness. Can anyone enlighten me?

Last edited by bigblueberrie; May 12, 2017 at 6:49 pm Reason: Typo
Old May 12, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Send a private message on here to Flyertalk user BAMissingAvios.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:59 pm

It's very frustrating when the incompetent retro claims people at BA have such badly structured IT that their default modus operandi is to declined the flights.

Persist... and hopefully you'd get the situation resolved.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:57 pm

Please do let us know your result - I am planning to book this flight but will book MH metal if for some reason it is not TP earning (though I was under the same impression as you after checking)
Old May 12, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
I did receive TPs for the said flight before. No retroclaim they just appeared
Old May 12, 2017, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

@db07mufan
How long did they take to appear in your BAEC account after the flight?

Last edited by bigblueberrie; May 12, 2017 at 11:36 pm Reason: Typo
Old May 13, 2017, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Well, an update. This is interesting. BAEC credited some avios and tier points to me, but it is for Y fare class instead of the D class that I paid for and flew in, back to the feedback system.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've flown this flight previously and it credited fine (within 2 days) although it was in Z rather than in D. Do you still have the boarding pass? I wonder if something strange happened with FQTV when you checked in with JAL.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by doctoravios
I've flown this flight previously and it credited fine (within 2 days) although it was in Z rather than in D. Do you still have the boarding pass? I wonder if something strange happened with FQTV when you checked in with JAL.
I have the boarding pass which I scanned and attached for the team to process. It clearly calls out D as the fare class, so strange indeed. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. Will update you guys again!
Old May 31, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Guys, the TP are finally in! Shout out to @BAMissingAvios (Lisa), thanks for your help!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Seem to have a problem with my MH flights taken over the MH Amadeus cutover weekend (10 - 11 Jun). PNH - xKUL - NRT return (with 1 leg on JL metal)

Flights didn't credit automatically. Submitted a retrospective claim, all 4 got rejected saying no proof of me taking the flight. BAEC number was on the BP.

Sent back my e-tickets (no copy of BP unfortunately) and got an email back from BAEC saying they will contact MH to verify and it will take 28 days

Hope it sorts itself out. Good thing I am not really in need of the TPs imminently...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sorry to dig up an old thread but tis issue is still prevailing. Seems to be affecting most of MH marketed and JL operated flights. Just got my retro claim rejected for MH9117 Class Z. Called the GGL line and they promised to sort it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.