Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling hotline ticket?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I think the staff member is still considered "the booker" so could call and cancel without the need to speak to the traveller. However, I am sure all will fizzle out and the booking will not be cancelled
Old May 12, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
My understanding of this, having used Hotline multiple times, is that there's zero way the staff member could cancel the ticket. It wouldn't appear in their Executive Club account, and the only way they could possibly cancel it is by phoning the BA ticket office and maybe claiming the flight was booked fraudulently (i.e, the booker accessed the staff's BA account without authorisation).

To do that would be pretty stupid as it would also be landing them in trouble for leaving their account open/accessible by a 3rd party but I guess they could make up a story about it. With regards to changing e-mails in the booking and cancelling it, I'm 99.99% sure that's just not possible unless the staff member actually works in the ticketing department or something?
Old May 12, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think it can be cancelled on Manage my Booking, the staff member would have all the information to do this BUT will be face disciplinary action if they do this, I just don't think it will happen.
Old May 12, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Unless the employee has access to Amadeus/Pegasus, they would need the full credit card number to cancel the booking in MMB.

I agree it's unlikely to be canx, and that regularly checking the booking is the best thing to do.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Unless the employee has access to Amadeus/Pegasus, they would need the full credit card number to cancel the booking in MMB.
I haven't had this recently however - at least for the manual form.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I think the staff member is still considered "the booker" so could call and cancel without the need to speak to the traveller. However, I am sure all will fizzle out and the booking will not be cancelled
I don't think this is right. My family work for BA, and I am too old for concessions so use hotline all the time. There is no record on a BA staff log in of the bookings on hotline only a count of the amount of hotlines you have used out of your allowance.

They could of cancelled the booking before you were able to use your own credit card, when I have ever had to change a booking it has been the same way as you would a fully commercial ticket (with security checks etc when you phone). If they cancel it they would have to phone up pretending that they were you. Staff travel would be a different story.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are never too old for staff travel, your family staff member chooses not to have you on their concessions.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought after you retire you only have concessions for the years worked? A friend's Nan [widow] has lost hers due to husband's service being complete. She was flying all round the world in J into her 80s ?
Old May 12, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct you only keep your concessions for the same number of years as you served.
I suspect whiteheatsyd may have past their 24th birthday so can no longer be a staff members child for staff travel purposes?
Old May 12, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You are never too old for staff travel, your family staff member chooses not to have you on their concessions.
I think they meant they were too old to bother with the faff of using concessions, rather than being ineligible ;-)
Old May 12, 2017, 8:07 am

Little off-topic, but this thread makes me wonder if BA staff ever notice people making friends/forming relationships with them when the person might have free travel in mind.

If I was American and living and working in London, it would be very handy to get cheap travel on BA to go to see family regularly.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
Little off-topic, but this thread makes me wonder if BA staff ever notice people making friends/forming relationships with them when the person might have free travel in mind.

If I was American and living and working in London, it would be very handy to get cheap travel on BA to go to see family regularly.
Hotline is not really a huge advantage, just a little saving off the quoted price most of the time. I have had quite a few people ask me if i can get them cheap flights, but most of the time the saving isn't worth the stress (hotline tickets are more restricted - you technically can only service them online).

I've never had anyone (genuinely) ask to be put on my actual staff travel (2 places available) apart from my parents, but I tend to control that relationship! There is actually a special oneworld promotion where parents can travel standby on other oneworld airlines (but not BA for some reason) even when they are not on my staff travel. However that is economy only, and my parents have got used to the front of the plane
Old May 12, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
I don't know, but I have had an experience of a member of BA staff offering staff travel perks as, shall we say, a point of attraction.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What to make up for lack of good looks and personality?
Old May 12, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this gonna turn into cash ( / sex ) for lounge guesting which ended that facility on FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.