Cancelling hotline ticket?

Old May 11, 17, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Cancelling hotline ticket?

Hoping you can help me out with a query.

A friend who works for BA booked me a hotline ticket for later this year a few months ago. I paid for it with my card and the ticket is in my name, but we used my friends staff code.

I've since had a bit of a falling out with this friend and they're now threatening to cancel my ticket.

My question is, I've had email confirmation, I can see the ticket in my bookings on my account at BA.com and it's in my name . Could my friend still cancel the ticket because we used their staff code? Or am I safe because it's in my name?
Old May 11, 17, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Your friend would be foolish to cause trouble with the Hotline as they could lose their privileges; there are a lot of T&Cs.

But yes, as the staff member would have been logged on to create the booking I imagine they can cancel the booking if they wanted to.

EDIT just seen - if you logged in using their details no one should bring this up as it is strictly forbidden
Old May 11, 17, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA & HH Silver
He could absolutely make some calls and get rid of your discounted (due to him!) ticket...
Old May 11, 17, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BLHD View Post
He could absolutely make some calls and get rid of your discounted (due to him!) ticket...
Would they be able to do this without my knowledge? The ticket is in my name and was paid for with my card. Would I be refunded at all?
Old May 11, 17, 5:15 pm

No refund if not flexible - which if cheapest it will not be.

Did you make the booking using their credentials?
Old May 11, 17, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Your friend would be foolish to cause trouble with the Hotline as they could lose their privileges; there are a lot of T&Cs.

But yes, as the staff member would have been logged on to create the booking I imagine they can cancel the booking if they wanted to.

EDIT just seen - if you logged in using their details no one should bring this up as it is strictly forbidden

What do you mean by your edit? The staff member logged in and bought the ticket with me next to them at the time.
Old May 11, 17, 5:21 pm

Sorry I misread. No problem with this
Old May 11, 17, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Sorry I misread. No problem with this
Do you know where I can find the t and c's for the ticket? Trying to work out how likely they are to actually cancel it and whether or not I'll be out a few hundred pounds...
Old May 11, 17, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The staff member would be very stupid to touch the booking, just keep an eye on it and if you see any changes contact BA immediately, if they do cancel it they will face disciplinary action.
Old May 12, 17, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
The staff member would be very stupid to touch the booking, just keep an eye on it and if you see any changes contact BA immediately, if they do cancel it they will face disciplinary action.
In the event that she does cancel it, would BA be able to help me keep the flight? My biggest concern is that I'm going to end up stranded as the flight was a long haul flight and quite expensive, even with the Hotline.
Old May 12, 17, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
No chance of making up with the friend , that would be the best option. Time heals , I am sure the staff member in question will not touch your booking , if they did it would potentially be career suicide as canceling of the booking would be of malicious intent ....
Old May 12, 17, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DSBT4444 View Post
In the event that she does cancel it, would BA be able to help me keep the flight? My biggest concern is that I'm going to end up stranded as the flight was a long haul flight and quite expensive, even with the Hotline.
She won't cancel it, if she does contact BA and explain what as happened, please do not worry.
Old May 12, 17, 4:18 am

I can only echo others comments and advice. A hotline ticket can be cancelled in manage my booking in the same way as any commercial booking and one has to assume the staff member in question has all the relevant information to do this. Keep a very close eye on your booking and pay particular attention to any changes to the email address..if you see any changes call BA as soon as possible.
Any changes or cancellations made by the staff member without your knowledge and consent would face serious repercussions. I suspect and hope this is an empty and malicious threat.
Old May 12, 17, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

100% agree cbagent.
Old May 12, 17, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
As this was cash I assume it was booked on your Exec Club account?
You would have logged in to the special landing page using your friend's Hotline - to access the discount - but then into your own Exec Club, with a password you haven't shared with your friend.
If so I don't see how they could access the booking to cancel it, they merely provided the access to the discounted booking engine, the same as happens in many other websites where you need a special link to access discounted rates etc
I may be wrong but a close friend works for BA so I'm au fait with the Hotline booking process.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: