Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN passport control delays

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
No the Lounge is after Passport Control which is right after security ... based on the feedback here it sounds as though it's pretty unlikely there will be much of a queue ( what day/time is your flight? ) , so if as is likely you turn up 90 mins before and take a few minutes to clear security and passport then you'll have an hour to enjoy the lounge ( which isn't bad at all , but does get quite busy and doesn't have enough power outlets!)
We are on the 13:30, but that is great news about the location of the lounge. Thank you.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Gulliver_UK
You need to bear in mind that for some people removing their glasses means they can't actually see the display screen well enough to actually be able to see the instruction and/or to align their face properly. I always remember, for example, that I should have put my contact lenses in when stood in the queue for the gates. The gates are supposed to be able to cope with glasses.
Oh aye it leaves me a bit blind too!

The machine is supposed to adjust to your height but I had to stoop down a long way at BCN as it wasn't for moving!

I was always told to remove, it makes sense as you are told to remove them for passport photos and they are reflective after all
Old May 8, 2017, 10:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by QuesoDeCan
will the queues be THAT bad if I arrive from GVA on an LX flight....with an eta of 2030h this Thursday? when is the mad/crazy busy time at BCN anyways?
GVA-BCN is intra-Schengen, so you won't be affected
Old May 8, 2017, 10:41 am

oh okay...this shingen thing is throwing me off.....grrr....thanks @paul00
Old May 8, 2017, 10:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Premier Owl
That is the most ridiculous post I have ever read. Can you support the comment with a quote from the Barcelona authorities????
Did you forget your apology?
Old May 8, 2017, 12:29 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'm sorry but have we got to the bottom of why this is going on? I flew out of ALC down the road and nobody checked the passports at the Police desk before the gate. Nobody.

How bizarre!
Old May 8, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'm sorry but have we got to the bottom of why this is going on? I flew out of ALC down the road and nobody checked the passports at the Police desk before the gate. Nobody.

How bizarre!
Out of ALC to where?
Old May 8, 2017, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

How bizarre!
The EU has given the Directive listed above, however the Spanish government hasn't completed the installation of the required computer equipment into many of its airports, particularly in the departures area. At BCN they certainly have all the equipment, ditto places like MAD and BIO, hence they are abiding by the Directive (something that caused similar difficulties in AMS earlier in the year). But when it comes to departing Spain from some of the smaller locations, discretion is the better part of valour. When I departed from MJV two weeks ago there was a police officer in the vicinity, albeit 50 metres away. As far as I can make out, Spain has taken the view that since a lot of their non Schengen traffic at these airports will be to the UK and Ireland, where the scanning is definitely going to take place, they can regard it as a lower priority at least for now.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:34 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
Out of ALC to where?
LGW
Old May 8, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Passport contoll entering BCN today was crazy. If you were not a EU e-passport holder the queues looked welll over an hour possibly more.

Took us avout 20mins with uk e-passport but then out luggage belt had the previous two flights of luggage on and around it. Took a while again the place was chaos. Glad I saw post about departures I had not thought about that anyone had any experience with BCN priority security recently as we are flying club Europe.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Passport contoll entering BCN today was crazy. If you were not a EU e-passport holder the queues looked welll over an hour possibly more.

Took us avout 20mins with uk e-passport but then out luggage belt had the previous two flights of luggage on and around it. Took a while again the place was chaos. Glad I saw post about departures I had not thought about that anyone had any experience with BCN priority security recently as we are flying club Europe.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
We are on the 13:30, but that is great news about the location of the lounge. Thank you.
BCN -LHR today.

Arrived full of woe and ended up all fine.

Received fast track security voucher to get around the big red light.

Security queue looked large otherwise.

Through to D area and the lady told us to to the right hand passport huts, after five minutes queue I noticed there was no EU box open. I de-queued us to the other side where it took about 2 minutes.

So if you are EU and have priority it's fine, 15mins from taxi to leather seat.

If your neither of these two it could be a long day.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
Originally Posted by wrp96
It is not in any cities interest to cull tourism and business. The q's at BCN as with many other airports is unacceptable. Irrespective of the Daily Telegraph "message" - I still do not believe any city would want to cull visitors.

Happy to apologize for my aggressive use of English... SORRY...
Old May 10, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
It is not in any cities interest to cull tourism and business. The q's at BCN as with many other airports is unacceptable. Irrespective of the Daily Telegraph "message" - I still do not believe any city would want to cull visitors.

Happy to apologize for my aggressive use of English... SORRY...
You may not want to believe it but here's another example of a city that is actively trying to curb tourist numbers http://www.cntraveler.com/story/veni...h-new-measures
Old May 10, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci

How bizarre!
Maņana?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.