Wiki Posts
Search

I'm out - Resigning from BA

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Very best of luck...!

As someone who left BA in November, now having been out for 5 months, I can whole heartedly confirm, there is a big bright interesting world outside the walls of BA, and if you are happy to get on with things and leave the ties of a big legacy carrier behind you, you can do whatever you want.

Similarly, a rather contentious situation with the company was the final straw for me, which left me absolutely shattered inside as to how I had been treat and made to feel afterwards. But, with the departure from BA, all that will fall away and shoulders will feel lighter.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Good luck in your new job!
Old May 2, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
It's always a brave move to change jobs, but best of luck for the future. Something tells me that you won't regret leaving BA in its current form!
Old May 2, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
It's not all bad. Your moving up to gods country.

No no, you mis-read. He said he is moving up North. (ducks)

Best of luck Alex, I've been a long time lurker, you'll be missed.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Very best of luck, Alex. Your new employer is lucky to have you.

1F
Old May 2, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Just out of curiosity do BA do exit interviews?
Old May 2, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Best of luck alextheengineer. One of my friends joined BA engineering from an engine manufacturer, and it seemed to be out of the frying pan into the fire! He didn't stay too long as the culture was draining the life out of him..... I'm sure that the move oop North and to a new company will be the start of a great new adventure.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Worcester
Just out of curiosity do BA do exit interviews?
Theoretically, but they seem to be more of "here's your final leave balance, here's the details of any payoff, have you turned in any and all keys/badges/tokens?, have you updated HR with any change of address?, okay, thanks, bye now'

BA want staff to leave, so they can either employ someone cheaper, or not fill the vacancy at all. They don't really care why they leave...

Best wishes alextheengineer
Old May 2, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
What a mess this airline is in. Yet its staff, each day, do their best.

Good luck in the future!
Old May 2, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Very best of luck...!

As someone who left BA in November, now having been out for 5 months, I can whole heartedly confirm, there is a big bright interesting world outside the walls of BA, and if you are happy to get on with things and leave the ties of a big legacy carrier behind you, you can do whatever you want.

Similarly, a rather contentious situation with the company was the final straw for me, which left me absolutely shattered inside as to how I had been treat and made to feel afterwards. But, with the departure from BA, all that will fall away and shoulders will feel lighter.
So how does working for a private jet company compare?
Old May 2, 2017, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Fruitcake
What a mess this airline is in. Yet its staff, each day, do their best.
Not any different from any other large company that's had to change with the times. If it wasn't for this forum I suspect we'd be like the majority of the general public and not give a hoot about it to be honest.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat
Best of luck, Alex.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:40 pm

Best of luck Alex. It kind of feels good joining a company where you are not treated like a five year old. I had my reservations about leaving BA, but I love my new job and the trust invested in me by my current employer. I found that lacking at BA. I'm sure you will settle in well and see that that there is a beautiful world out there outside the walls of BA.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:49 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Had a great flight with Jet2 to Pula on Sunday. Brand new B738, and a great crew.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Good luck with your new job. Show em you deserve it. Show em you are the best at what you do and make BA regret mistreating you.

And remember, you did it YOUR WAY.
Attached Images  

Last edited by wolf72; May 2, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.