Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by greg5
I've not been able to find the answer to this, so here goes:

I've got a flight booked in F from SEA-LHR, and a second flight booked in Y from LHR-ZRH. They are separate tickets. Am I able to use the First Wing to check in for the second flight based on my incoming F flight?
Asked something similar on twitter:
@British_Airways Flying JFK-LHR in First and LHR-TLV in business (no first on plane). Once in LHR, Do I have access the Concorde Room? Should I just present my JFK-LHR boarding pass? Thanks!
And got the following response
Hi Shahar, as you're still arriving in First you'll be able to use the Concorde Room when you get to London Heathrow. If you show them your boarding pass they will let you in. ^Sarah
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Thanks for the quick replies! Same day connection. I'll give it a try to check the bags in at the First Wing. I've still got about 10 months until this particular flight.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Prospero
I believe the lounge agent may have made an error in this instance. Full oneworld benefits are applicable to Iberia Express flights. I wonder if perhaps the agent was confusing IB Express with Vueling, as the Gold only access rule does apply to BA codeshares on VY
This is becoming more interesting. My husband got a call from customer services last night in answer to his complaint. He was categorically told that Iberia Express is a "budget airline" and it is only BA Golds that get access to the BA LGW lounge in such circumstances. I wonder if this a confusion of Iberia Express with Vueling or whether they felt obliged to back up their staff.

I will start searching (mainly to satisfy curiosity) but if anyone can point to anything in the public domain that clearly settles the issue I would be much obliged. They should not be allowed to get away with inaccurate information.

Last edited by hsmall; Feb 23, 2019 at 7:25 pm
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Well re the question of Iberia Express and Gatwick lounges I have done some digging (I should have been in bed...). It seems Iberia Express is not a "member" of Oneworld but an "affiliate member". Maybe jetlag is distorting my research abilities but I cannot see anything on the BA or Oneworld sites stating expressly what the rules are for persons travelling in Business class on affiliate members' flights without status. But the Iberia express flight says about "VIP lounges" here:-

Originally Posted by Iberia Express site
The following passengers have access to the VIP lounge
  • Passengers flying Business Class on flights operated by Iberia Express.
But there is a disclaimer that some locations may vary.

I have asked BA on twitter as well.

I know it's a little odd that I am fixated on this since it does not affect us as Golds. But the rudeness of the staff makes me want to pursue it.

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This is not even a complicated scenario so I share your frustration at getting a simple answer from BA. I2 are an affiliate in the same way KA are - full lounge access rules apply. Here is the relevant page from the lounge eligibility guide - it’s a shame no one you have had contact with at BA has actually opened it!

hsmall, Lefly and george77300 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:36 am

First thanks a lot KARFA for the picture of the lounge guide page and for posting it on Twitter as well. Secondly here is the "official" answer from BA's twitter account:-

..which is clear. I intend to take this further as I dislike wrong information being spread. Again, thanks to KARFA and to all.
KARFA and george77300 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hsmall
..which is clear. I intend to take this further as I dislike wrong information being spread. Again, thanks to KARFA and to all.
I really wouldn't bother. The agent got it wrong, didn't check the laminates (which are provided to prevent this from happening and are simpler than the main guide quoted above). It's unlikely to be fed back to the agent concerned, and they rotate their duties all over Gatwick. Different agent, different day, different outcome. I think they are rotated every 2 or 3 hours, and that's actually the root cause of the problem here. I have never had a problem and I have flown with Baltic, Vueling and Iberia Express in recent weeks. As far as FTers are concerned, as mentioned upthread (and in the LGW lounge thread) the best thing to do if there is a problem is to very carefully steer the agent towards looking at the laminates.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I really wouldn't bother. The agent got it wrong, didn't check the laminates (which are provided to prevent this from happening and are simpler than the main guide quoted above). It's unlikely to be fed back to the agent concerned, and they rotate their duties all over Gatwick. Different agent, different day, different outcome. I think they are rotated every 2 or 3 hours, and that's actually the root cause of the problem here. I have never had a problem and I have flown with Baltic, Vueling and Iberia Express in recent weeks. As far as FTers are concerned, as mentioned upthread (and in the LGW lounge thread) the best thing to do if there is a problem is to very carefully steer the agent towards looking at the laminates.
In general I agree. Although customer services did repeat the error when they called my husband. And I certainly agree about the root cause.

I do accept that there are many more important things in the world though :-)
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by hsmall
In general I agree. Although customer services did repeat the error when they called my husband. And I certainly agree about the root cause.

I do accept that there are many more important things in the world though :-)
On threading through your account of what happened on the day (along with the subsequent responses by BA staff when you subsequently sought clarification), I get the distinct impression that this is more about what you perceive to be patronising and rude attitudes than the refusal itself. And on that basis, many people would relate to your unease and sense of annoyance - especially if they had been on the receiving end themselves, so to speak.

In such cases, yes, one could put it down to simple human error, forget about it, and then ‘move on’ as the phrase goes. But there is another view which says that if management are not made aware of staff a) providing incorrect information, and b) handling such situations so poorly in the eyes of a paying customer, then what hope is there of such inconsistencies in service standards ever being recognised and addressed ?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Hi, tried using the scenarios in the wiki but wasn't 100% sure if we could use the Concorde Room.

Our flights: New York-LHR in First (part of Amex 2-4-1 reward booking), then separate RFS reward booking from LHR-Europe (TBC - likely to be Rome or other city in Italy). I *think* we can use the Concorde room regardless of whether the separate flight to Italy is in ET or CE. Is that correct? Or do the flights have to be part of one connected booking?

Thanks
JRC
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jrc999
Hi, tried using the scenarios in the wiki but wasn't 100% sure if we could use the Concorde Room.

Our flights: New York-LHR in First (part of Amex 2-4-1 reward booking), then separate RFS reward booking from LHR-Europe (TBC - likely to be Rome or other city in Italy). I *think* we can use the Concorde room regardless of whether the separate flight to Italy is in ET or CE. Is that correct? Or do the flights have to be part of one connected booking?

Thanks
JRC
You would be allowed to the CCR if your departing flight to Europe is on the same day as you arrive from New York (and departing Terminal 5). And keep the inbound F boarding pass to show. This is the case for a ET or CE connection. If on a seperate day the answer is a no.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by george77300

You would be allowed to the CCR if your departing flight to Europe is on the same day as you arrive from New York (and departing Terminal 5). And keep the inbound F boarding pass to show. This is the case for a ET or CE connection. If on a seperate day the answer is a no.
Thanks - and it doesn't matter if the ET/CE flight is a completely separate booking?
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks - and it doesn't matter if the ET/CE flight is a completely separate booking?
No it doesn't matter.
jrc999 and george77300 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
No it doesn’t matter. Just keep the First boarding pass to be sure.

Edit: Sorry didn’t check and looks like CWS beat me to it...
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:45 am

Really need help guys.. Would appreciate it. Ive called BA and im getting conflicting information.

So im traveling with my mom from USA to africa( through LHR). (Both on first class)

My sister (+2 kids + nanny) is traveling BA PREM economy from TORONTO to africa (through LHR, same flight to africa)

Will my Mom and I be able to get her + nanny + 2 kids inside any of the lounges using our first class ticket? Im a silver member and mom is blue.

Ive read and seen that you can allow a guest but what about the kids? they are all over 2 years, but they are just kids.. so im not sure if BA will just allow us to take my sister + one kid and leave on behind

What is our best option.. Thanks for the help guys..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.