Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:24 pm

Hello everyone,

Have the rules changed for access into T5 Arrivals?

We arrived into T3 on AA, which was sold as BA1529, went to T5 to use the Arrivals lounge and the people on the lounge gate weren't sure if they could let us in or not due to us arriving on an AA flight. They had to check the book and said the rules had changed recently, and were very unsure / confused more than anything. One of them said that as it's not a oneworld lounge, but a BA one, the rules are more complicated.

A more-senior person came up and said "should be fine" and we went on in, so no big deal, but I'm just wondering what the rules are supposed to be.

I was Gold and my partner Silver at that moment (but now Gold since that flight credited).

I've arrived to T3 on AA, and then gone to the T5 Arrivals lounge a few times before. And there are a few posts about it on the forum:

The arrivals Lounge at LHR T5 or T3
Landing T3 BA club can I use T5 arrivals lounge?

EDIT: I think that Landing T3 BA club can I use T5 arrivals lounge? is actually clarifying that: No, I shouldn't have access. Why have I been so lucky in the past then? 🤔
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The lounge eligibility guide says "When arriving on any BA operated long haul flight." This has been the case for a few years.

EDIT: just to add, you are right you could use the AA T3 arrivals lounge:

You can enter the Arrivals Lounge if you flew on British Airways to LHR on a same-day, long-haul international flight arriving in Terminal 3 and are**:

• Flying in First or Business Class
  • oneworld® EmeraldSM
  • British Airways Premier

**Flights must be marketed and operated by British Airways or marketed by American and operated by British Airways.

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 1, 2018 at 1:53 am
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA - Blue
EXP on BA long-haul can use arrivals?

I'm EXP, and unusually for me, I'm arriving to LHR via HKG (on BA) soon, in a non-eligible class (W), which arrives very early. I was hoping to have a short rest in the arrivals lounge before my onward journey. I had previously thought that EXP can use the arrivals lounge if arriving on LH BA flights, but re-reading the guide, that doesn't appear to be the case. Will I have access?

thanks,

tb
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by trueblu
I'm EXP, and unusually for me, I'm arriving to LHR via HKG (on BA) soon, in a non-eligible class (W), which arrives very early. I was hoping to have a short rest in the arrivals lounge before my onward journey. I had previously thought that EXP can use the arrivals lounge if arriving on LH BA flights, but re-reading the guide, that doesn't appear to be the case. Will I have access?

thanks,

tb
yes an AA EXP (OWE) on BA in W would get access to the BA arrivals lounge in T5.

ignore, see correct answer below

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 1, 2018 at 9:01 am
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes an AA EXP (OWE) on BA in W would get access to the BA arrivals lounge in T5.
You would know far more of these things than I do, but in post 2, my reading of it was that an AA EXP would have to be on an JBV flight (i.e. TATL?).

Certainly my reading of that post is that only BA Gold get access in all cases if flying W/Y. So I'm a bit confused

Edit: Is it that an OWE always gets access on a BA flight but also would get access to the BA T5 arrivals on an AA flight, notwithstanding it arrives at T3....?
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
You would know far more of these things than I do, but in post 2, my reading of it was that an AA EXP would have to be on an JBV flight (i.e. TATL?).

Certainly my reading of that post is that only BA Gold get access in all cases if flying W/Y. So I'm a bit confused
Apologies, you are absolutely right BertieBadger. I missed the note under the tick in the lounge eligibility guide which says "If travelling on BA or AA transatlantic flight". So if you are not the AA EXP doesn't get access.

Sorry.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Well, that answers my question in the edit! Thanks, even if the answer is not what the OP wants to hear...
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
As A BA Silver I’m aware up to now that I can access any One World lounge in T3 ie CX QF AA once traveling on a One World ticket. Just saw an interesting article elsewhere on FT, below an excerpt

“By the end of the year, Delta Air Lines will no longer sell day passes to its Delta Sky Club Lounges. The airline has also curtailed reciprocity agreements with Air France, KLM and Virgin Australia lounges. American Airlinesand United Airlines have each made similar moves in the hope of making airport club spaces a bit more exclusive and considerably less congested. In nearly every case, passengers must now be booked specifically on one of the airlines’ flights or codeshare flights on the day they plan to take advantage of the airport clubs.”
Will this now be the case in T3 and access be denied to other One World status flyers I wonder?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by ATCOlad
As A BA Silver I’m aware up to now that I can access any One World lounge in T3 ie CX QF AA once traveling on a One World ticket. Just saw an interesting article elsewhere on FT, below an excerpt

“By the end of the year, Delta Air Lines will no longer sell day passes to its Delta Sky Club Lounges. The airline has also curtailed reciprocity agreements with Air France, KLM and Virgin Australia lounges. American Airlinesand United Airlines have each made similar moves in the hope of making airport club spaces a bit more exclusive and considerably less congested. In nearly every case, passengers must now be booked specifically on one of the airlines’ flights or codeshare flights on the day they plan to take advantage of the airport clubs.”
Will this now be the case in T3 and access be denied to other One World status flyers I wonder?
not heard anything about this for oneworld or specifically T3 oneworld lounges. I don’t undstand what they are referring to wrt AA? I am not aware of any steps they have taken to restrict to those flying on AA?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

I think it only relates to admiral club memberships ( ie if you have an admirals club membership) you can only access admiral clubs in the future if flying aa on that day

regards
.tbs
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by BertieBadger

Edit: Is it that an OWE always gets access on a BA flight but also would get access to the BA T5 arrivals on an AA flight, notwithstanding it arrives at T3....?
That's also my reading of the post, but I was wondering the source? I can't find anything from BA itself...although the BA page only mentions BA GCH, so is even more restrictive...but also potentially wrong!

tb
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:32 am

Wondering if someone can give me guidance on the following: am arriving on overnight First from JNB at approx 5:30am then flying to BCN on CE.

On a separate ticket I’m then flying from BCN to LHR to MAN in CE on the same day. Will I be able to access the Concorde room after my BCN to LHR flight please?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Beecharmer
Wondering if someone can give me guidance on the following: am arriving on overnight First from JNB at approx 5:30am then flying to BCN on CE.

On a separate ticket I’m then flying from BCN to LHR to MAN in CE on the same day. Will I be able to access the Concorde room after my BCN to LHR flight please?
As it's a same day access yes that's fine. Show/present your F boarding pass first and show that and your LHR-MAN boarding pass too.
Beecharmer likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
As it's a same day access yes that's fine. Show/present your F boarding pass first and show that and your LHR-MAN boarding pass too.
Thank you!
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi, am a Silver card holder and will be flying First to Vegas from T3 in a few weeks time on a F redemption ticket. Someone I know is on the same flight in WT, she has no status though. Will I be able to guest her into the CX First lounge? Or can I only guest her into the BA First lounge at T3? Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.