Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Landing T3 BA club can I use T5 arrivals lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:41 am
Original Poster

I am sure this has been asked before but I have searched and cannot find a recent answer. I am arriving from Miami in club terminal 3 at Heathrow and love to have breakfast at T 5 arrivals, is it OK to land at t3 I but use the lounge at T5? I have book a car to collect me for the transfer to lgw later in the morning so need advice as to where to direct them to.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Jerseylily
I am sure this has been asked before but I have searched and cannot find a recent answer. I am arriving from Miami in club terminal 3 at Heathrow and love to have breakfast at T 5 arrivals, is it OK to land at t3 I but use the lounge at T5? I have book a car to collect me for the transfer to lgw later in the morning so need advice as to where to direct them to.
Yes, no problem if you qualify fro access through cabin (business/first) or status.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
deleted
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes, no problem if you qualify fro access through cabin (business/first) or status.
Can you use T5 arrivals lounge even if you arrive on AA? I thought it's not possible.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by haasha
Can you use T5 arrivals lounge even if you arrive on AA? I thought it's not possible.
I presume this is a BA arrival from MIA into T3. However the issue of Arrivals access for non BA metal remains unclear. I'm under the impression that "Joint Business" longhaul Business/First flights are allowed to use Arrivals, as well as ExPlats, but I've not seen a recent anecdote to confirm or deny this.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
If you arrive in T3 on AA metal you should only be able to use the AA arrivals lounge in T3 and not the BA arrivals lounge in T5. There have been reports in the past of people managing to gain access but I wouldn't rely on it, I have witnessed a stern refusal in these circumstances before.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I presume this is a BA arrival from MIA into T3. However the issue of Arrivals access for non BA metal remains unclear. I'm under the impression that "Joint Business" longhaul Business/First flights are allowed to use Arrivals, as well as ExPlats, but I've not seen a recent anecdote to confirm or deny this.
Aha, thanks. I almost verified the status based access by mistake but realized it soon enough and rebooked from AA to BA operated flight to T5 to avoid possible troubles.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:00 am
Original Poster

We are arriving BA so it sounds like we will be OK. I only noticed this morning the change of terminal for our November flight and we were already looking forward to the T5 kippers so it is a relief to see we will still have access to them.

How is the T3 departures galleries now that more BA flights are using it?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:02 am

We are arriving BA so it sounds like we will be OK. I only noticed this morning the change of terminal for our November flight and we were already looking forward to the T5 kippers so it is a relief to see we will still have access to them.

How is the T5 departures galleries now that more BA flights are using it?
The new destinations begin 14OCT. Also EK pax are using BA lounges until their lounge is refurbished (should reopen in 'October'), so second half of October might be very busy.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:08 am
Original Poster

The new destinations begin 14OCT. Also EK pax are using BA lounges until their lounge is refurbished (should reopen in 'October'), so second half of October might be very busy.
Wow..bet EK pax are not happy, how many 380s a day?..hopefully mid November should see them gone...
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:24 am

Wow..bet EK pax are not happy, how many 380s a day?..hopefully mid November should see them gone...
Five. Plus their codeshares with QF.

But you can use any of AA, BA, CX J lounges, so should be fine. CX J lounge is regarded as the best one at T3 anyway.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When we arrived into T4 from SIN BA laid on transport to take us to T5 so we could use the Concorde Breakfast room in the Arrivals lounge.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm doing this shortly (might even get the new XLEJ!) and plan to use T5 arrivals to get ready for work etc. I've only ever done an airside flight-connections T3-T5. Is it broadly the same, or is it more efficient to exit landside in T3 and make my way to T5 that way?

EDIT - I assume there is no arrivals facility in T3 other than AA? Can I use that (BA arrival, "O" class, but Emerald)?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by snuffi
I'm doing this shortly (might even get the new XLEJ!) and plan to use T5 arrivals to get ready for work etc. I've only ever done an airside flight-connections T3-T5. Is it broadly the same, or is it more efficient to exit landside in T3 and make my way to T5 that way?

EDIT - I assume there is no arrivals facility in T3 other than AA? Can I use that (BA arrival, "O" class, but Emerald)?
There's another thread on it elsewhere with the details but admission to the AA lounge is now restricted to certain BA T3 flights, which presumably includes your flight:

Originally Posted by BA.com
* The American Airlines arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 3 is available to eligible British Airways customers on flight numbers BA206, BA208 and BA218. All other lounge eligible British Airways arrivals at Terminal 3 are invited to use the British Airways Arrivals lounge in Terminal 5.
That is open to Gold cardholders, as is T5 Arrivals, if travelling World Traveller. For T5 Arrivals, if you are HBO, over 18 years old, travelling with an EEA or Swiss biometric passport, then you best use the T3-T5 Flight Connections bus, use the e-gates at the UK Border and up to the Arrivals lounge once landside. You don't need a boarding pass for this. Otherwise for other passengers there probably isn't much in it to go landside at T3. The reason for this is that there are only 5 e-gates at T3, the old sort.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
There's another thread on it elsewhere with the details but admission to the AA lounge is now restricted to certain BA T3 flights, which presumably includes your flight:

That is open to Gold cardholders, as is T5 Arrivals, if travelling World Traveller. For T5 Arrivals, if you are HBO, over 18 years old, travelling with an EEA or Swiss biometric passport, then you best use the T3-T5 Flight Connections bus, use the e-gates at the UK Border and up to the Arrivals lounge once landside. You don't need a boarding pass for this. Otherwise for other passengers there probably isn't much in it to go landside at T3. The reason for this is that there are only 5 e-gates at T3, the old sort.
Thanks, I'm on the BA208 courtesy of the 63 year reign discount a few months ago which made the trip very reasonable indeed.
As for egates the chip in my passport irritatingly died about a year ago, so I can't use them, though I have looked on from the long queue with deep envy at the row of shiny (and empty!) new ones in T5. I have yet to find a gap in my schedule long enough to send it off to be replaced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.