Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by rhivolution
Just want to double check that as BA Silver, if I'm flying on an Iberia Express flight MAN-MAD, I (+1) can access the Terraces lounge?

As Iberia Express is a OW carrier then I can't see why not.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:11 pm

CCR access

Hi, I am BA silver, flying BA First into LHR T5 from ATL overnight and connecting almost 4 hours later to a BA domestic connection in CE. From what I read here (and have done a few times before) showing my earlier First boarding pass will afford me CCR or GF access for my layover.

Just noticed to day however that my BA itinerary says my "After check-in" access is to Galleries club lounges.

Hmmm....... has anything changed lately or can I still expect CCR or GF?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by auldlassie
Just noticed to day however that my BA itinerary says my "After check-in" access is to Galleries club lounges.

Hmmm....... has anything changed lately or can I still expect CCR or GF?
No, nothing has changed, the advice upthread remains correct and you have access to GC, GF and CCR. MMB often makes mistakes in this area in both directions.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm sure this question will be answered somewhere on here, I just can't seem to find it. So, apologies in advance.

Whilst I fly with BA frequently, this has not included First so far. That will change next year as I have a 2 for 1 booking in First to HND. On FT I constantly see references to the Concorde Room and, less frequently, to Galleries First. My question is, what is the relationship between the two? Is the Concorde Room within Galleries First and only accessible to Golds or GGLs, for example? As a Silver member (possibly Bronze by then!) flying First, which lounge will I (we) have access to?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TedToToe
I'm sure this question will be answered somewhere on here, I just can't seem to find it. So, apologies in advance.

Whilst I fly with BA frequently, this has not included First so far. That will change next year as I have a 2 for 1 booking in First to HND. On FT I constantly see references to the Concorde Room and, less frequently, to Galleries First. My question is, what is the relationship between the two? Is the Concorde Room within Galleries First and only accessible to Golds or GGLs, for example? As a Silver member (possibly Bronze by then!) flying First, which lounge will I (we) have access to?
Hi,

Concorde Room - T5 - it is along the corridor from GF ( past the Elemis spa) it is for BA First class pax only ( plus CCR card holders)
Galleries F- For BA gold card holders , OW Emeralds and pax coming from a OW F flight

You will have access to the Concorde Room as you are in BA first ( as long as you are in BA first you could have no status and still have access)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Many thanks, TBS, now I get it!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:36 pm

Thanks for reply corporate-wage-slave. I'll chill in comfort.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:34 pm

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
First of all, apologies for cross posting, I had originally placed this in the Africa lounge database thread but it didn't get a response. With hindsight, this probably would have been the better spot in the first place.

My question which I hope someone can answer....

Do Comair at JNB apply the same rules as BA at LHR on connecting flights? I am arriving in F from LHR into JNB and then flying onwards later the same morning to LVI in Y (separate ticket as my F flight is part of a 2-4-1). Would my inbound F boarding pass get me access to the SLOW lounge before my flight to LVI?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, no problem there, just make sure you have the OWE card to hand and that it is in date.
Well, I just tried that at FCO, waiting for a BA flight to LHR. No go. The lounge attendant wouldn't let me in unless she could put the QF No. into my booking.

I said that would be OK as long as she put my BA No. back when I left the lounge. She refused, so I went to a Priority Pass lounge instead.

I wonder how I'll go at LHR next week on the way back to FCO?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Grace B
Well, I just tried that at FCO, waiting for a BA flight to LHR. No go. The lounge attendant wouldn't let me in unless she could put the QF No. into my booking.
Anyone have any thoughts on whether I'll have the same problem at LHR T5 next week (10:45 am departure)?

If so, I'll try and minimise my time at T5, as I think my chances with the PP T5 Aspire lounge won't be that great.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, no problem there, just make sure you have the OWE card to hand and that it is in date.
Update: Just been through T5 and no problems whatsoever accessing the Business and First lounges, as you advised.

Pity about the lounge staff at FCO.

How could I have doubted you, cws?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Before i tell my friend something completely wrong. I am correct in saying a EDI-LHR-EDI segment with CE to LHR from EDI and then connecting to ET at LHR onto EDI all within the same day is allowed ( clearly a tier mile run for him ). I know scenario 3 in the wiki deems this correct , but it is the same for intra-UK flights right ? Additionally how will he go about getting access , showing his itinerary or last boarding pass ?

Thanks , this one did throw me a curve ball with the UK connecting onto UK segment !
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Before i tell my friend something completely wrong. I am correct in saying a EDI-LHR-EDI segment with CE to LHR from EDI and then connecting to ET at LHR onto EDI all within the same day is allowed ( clearly a tier mile run for him ). I know scenario 3 in the wiki deems this correct , but it is the same for intra-UK flights right ? Additionally how will he go about getting access , showing his itinerary or last boarding pass ?

Thanks , this one did throw me a curve ball with the UK connecting onto UK segment !
For EDI-LHR-EDI same day with CE on first sector and ET on second you would only get lounge access at EDI before the first sector. You would not get lounge access at LHR before the second sector. This is exactly the same as if you were doing EDIT-LHR-XXX where XXX was somewhere in Europe and you were doing CE connecting on to ET.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
For EDI-LHR-EDI same day with CE on first sector and ET on second you would only get lounge access at EDI before the first sector. You would not get lounge access at LHR before the second sector. This is exactly the same as if you were doing EDIT-LHR-XXX where XXX was somewhere in Europe and you were doing CE connecting on to ET.
See I would normally assume that , but the wiki states otherwise in scenario 3... unless I'm misinterpreted it wrongfully.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flame3601
See I would normally assume that , but the wiki states otherwise in scenario 3... unless I'm misinterpreted it wrongfully.
If the wiki suggests something other than what I posted then the wiki is wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.