Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:45 am

Sorry, all, for what is probably a too-common question, but...flying CE from LED, arriving into T5 at 5 PM. Flying out in F to the East Coast U.S.

That evening, when I arrive, what lounges might I have access to in order to grab dinner? I see the "same day" language, but elsewhere I have read that with a connecting F boarding pass on the same ticket I might have some access beyond the biz-class lounges. Any clarification would be appreciated.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Sorry, all, for what is probably a too-common question, but...flying CE from LED, arriving into T5 at 5 PM. Flying out in F to the East Coast U.S.

That evening, when I arrive, what lounges might I have access to in order to grab dinner? I see the "same day" language, but elsewhere I have read that with a connecting F boarding pass on the same ticket I might have some access beyond the biz-class lounges. Any clarification would be appreciated.
Hi,

Are you flying out to the US the same day you arrive or are you overnighting in LHR?

If overnighting then you will be leaving the airport and will not have access to the lounge.

If flying out to the US later that evening then your F boarding pass will give you access to the Concorde Room ( assuming you are flying with BA out of T5) with its dining room

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Are you flying out to the US the same day you arrive or are you overnighting in LHR?

If overnighting then you will be leaving the airport and will not have access to the lounge.
Thanks for the quick response. I will be overnighting at LHR and flying out the next morning. However, I am curious - can you clarify your second statement? I mean, I agree, I will be leaving the airport and staying the night at a hotel, by choice, but since I have a same-ticket connection, could one not remain airside in transit if they wished?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Thanks for the quick response. I will be overnighting at LHR and flying out the next morning. However, I am curious - can you clarify your second statement? I mean, I agree, I will be leaving the airport and staying the night at a hotel, by choice, but since I have a same-ticket connection, could one not remain airside in transit if they wished?
No, because the airside area is closed at night.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

You could not do this at LHR as the staff at the boarding pass check point will not let you through with a boarding pass for the next day ( effectively airside including lounges will be closed from the last departure until 0500 ( for T5) the next day ( at some other airports elsewhere in the world you could stay airside throughout the night)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:03 am

Ah, good to know! I had just figured that LHR was similar to most other non-US big airports, where things never really closed down.

Will overnight nearby and hit the CCR in the morning.

Thanks, all!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Plat
I'm flying JFK-LHR-AUH on an Avios redemption ticket in December. The JFK-LHR segment is in Club World and LHR-AUH is in First and the booking is all on one ticket/PNR. Will I have access to the CCR in JFK on departure? I've read through the lounge access guidelines and couldn't determine the answer.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JeffAA
I'm flying JFK-LHR-AUH on an Avios redemption ticket in December. The JFK-LHR segment is in Club World and LHR-AUH is in First and the booking is all on one ticket/PNR. Will I have access to the CCR in JFK on departure? I've read through the lounge access guidelines and couldn't determine the answer.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
I don't believe you would have access to the CCR at JFK. As a J passengers who is a OWS I think you would only have access to the Gallerries Club lounge at JFK. At LHR you would have access to the CCR before your flight to AUH.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't believe you would have access to the CCR at JFK. As a J passengers who is a OWS I think you would only have access to the Gallerries Club lounge at JFK. At LHR you would have access to the CCR before your flight to AUH.
Correct.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Bit of an awkward one, travelling overnight tonight DKR-MAD longhaul then a pig's tail MAD-LHR all on Iberia and arriving into T5 as BA Gold in Y. I am guessing I'm out of luck for the arrivals lounge which is a pain as I'm going straight from T5 to a friend's wedding. Any chance with the LH DKR-MAD BP or is it a don't even try scenario?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:47 pm

Heathrow T5 Business Lounge?

I did not want to start a new thread for this, hope someone can answer.

I fly a lot in Club out of LHR T5. However 2 questions I have never figured out.

1. Is there champagne in the Galleries lounge? If yes, where? Is it available in the morning?

2. Is there only one Galleries lounge in this terminal? I always go through security and turn left and walk to the end.
But when I flew in First, as if I remember seeing another one somewhere....
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by frenzie01
1. Is there champagne in the Galleries lounge? If yes, where? Is it available in the morning?

2. Is there only one Galleries lounge in this terminal? I always go through security and turn left and walk to the end.
But when I flew in First, as if I remember seeing another one somewhere....
1. On request only in Galleries Club lounges (any time). In the Champagne Bar and Wine Bar in Galleries First.

2. There are three Galleries Club lounges (North, South and T5B), plus Galleries First and Galleries Arrivals. It sounds like you use Galleries Club North. In the South lounge complex, Galleries Club South is above the Galleries First lounge and Concorde Room.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
1. On request only in Galleries Club lounges (any time). In the Champagne Bar and Wine Bar in Galleries First.

2. There are three Galleries Club lounges (North, South and T5B), plus Galleries First and Galleries Arrivals.
Thanks! Which one is the quietest/ nicest?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frenzie01
Thanks! Which one is the quietest/ nicest?
T5B is generally the quietest, but you need plenty of time and know how to get back to T5A if your flight isn't departing from one of the satellites (T5B or T5C).

In T5A, South is more spacious although doesn't have a terrace like the North lounge does.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
T5B is generally the quietest, but you need plenty of time and know how to get back to T5A if your flight isn't departing from one of the satellites (T5B or T5C).

In T5A, South is more spacious although doesn't have a terrace like the North lounge does.
Thanks!

Is there a way of knowing in advance if the flight departs from there? They usually only show the gate 45 mins before dep...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.