Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Best Price Guarantee...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
It can be found here:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...epromiseformgb

I found it through Google and when I filled it in, I was accidentally on the en-de version of the page and therefore my request was rejected... I will be more careful next time!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by UTFB
Originally Posted by flyslow
Hi all
apologies if it's already been answered, couldn't find it. Does BPG work if I lock in the fare for up to 72 hours? And if so, which day should I use for comparison, day I locked the fare or day I actually paid for it?
Thank you in advance!

No I don't believe it would work. See Ts and Cs:

"To be eligible for a Best price guarantee refund (BPGR) offer you must have booked and made full payment for a Qualifying Flight(s) at ba.com using a credit or debit card or PayPal (where available), in the currency of your departure country. "
Happy to report that BPG worked even for flights on hold for 72h (comparison taken at the time of locking the fare, not at the time of paying). No screenshots were asked, £30 e-voucher for £10 price difference.
IntVic likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:58 pm

Best Price Guarantee

So i booked a round trip ticket in J this past Friday on BA.com and i noticed that the price of the fare has dropped by almost €200 per person on BA.com. I'm already past the 24hr window to cancel. Has anyone tried to use the price promise in this type of situation??

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../price-promise

Last edited by tasty_chicken; Dec 3, 2018 at 6:59 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Fares on the BA website are excluded as per para 3 in the ‘requirements’ section of the Terms and conditions in your link.

It must be on another website..

Also you are out of time and they do appear to be strict on applying the restrictions.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I did it within about 1 hour and took screenshots on my phone. They weren't very clear however it was only £45 of a price difference. Yet BA gave me a voucher for £90.

There is no harm in trying at all. Personally I am surprised the uptake on the Best Price Guarantee isn't higher.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The best price guarantee (double the difference rounded up to nearest £10) must be done on the day of purchase per the t&cs, doesn't work on two different time shifted fares on ba.com unfortunately.

It is a very good deal, and always worth running skyscanner after finding a BA fare to see if there's anything available. Then follow the instructions, but the two times I've done this they haven't wanted to see the screenshots. I think if you saw a large difference (returned value >£200) you could expect a lot of scrutiny of fare classes for equivalence.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:17 am

So just to update everyone on my experience and my timeline. I booked my BA flight on a 11/30. I submitted the Best Price Guarantee on a fare i found on Kayak.com that shows a €200 difference in fare price per person on 12/3 . I got a email asking for screenshots on 12/4. And finally I got a email back today saying I will receive a refund of €26. I was fulling expecting for BA to come back and reject my request based on all the feedback here so I suppose I should be thankful that I got something back at least.

So that's my experience. Overall fairly painless and it worked for me!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You were given feed back based on your question would BA do the guarantee for one of it's fares on Ba.com to which you got the correct answer = no.

If you had asked right from the start about the guarantee and using say kayak then you would have got the answer to that different question = yes
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
You were given feed back based on your question would BA do the guarantee for one of it's fares on Ba.com to which you got the correct answer = no.

If you had asked right from the start about the guarantee and using say kayak then you would have got the answer to that different question = yes
​​​​​Well I didn't know that I had to use a different site. It was your feedback that made me search for the far on kayak so thanks. If I knew the answer to the question I wouldn't have even posted.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:03 pm

I don't understand why you got €26 back for a €200 difference though.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Sorry for bring back an old thread, I have a question about the BPG and want to make sure I get it right.

I have just booked a flight for my Mother-in-Law, I got it direct from BA and intend to use the price guarantee, does it have to be her who fills out the form and submits it (i.e. her email address etc) or can I? Note that my email address is on the booking and I was logged in as my BAEC account when purchasing, however her name is the one on the booking (obviously!)

It seems that I should fill out the form with her name and executive club details (and logged in as her) etc, but with my email address.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Some
Has anyone had success with BA doing a Best Price Guarantee for a multi-city booking (simple open jaw return flight within the same country in this case)? The terms and conditions are a bit vague and seem to imply it must a simple one-way or return but then start talking about the flight terminating and ending in the same country as if something more complex than a simple return is possible.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Yeah I got it on inv LHR AUH LHR man booked as a multi city
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Yeah I got it on inv LHR AUH LHR man booked as a multi city
Great, thanks. Was hoping to open jaw the destination and keep the departure point the same.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Apologies for moving slightly bigger topic, but where do you find a qualifying BA fare cheaper than the BA site? I've never found anywhere selling the flights for less than the BA website before (perhaps I haven't looked hard enough)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.