Anyone got pics of historic BAEC cards?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: FT
what was "Blue Chip"?
Old May 3, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Blue Chip

I got a Blue Chip Card around 1990. IIRC there was no benefit apart from a card and luggage tags that you could use to impress your co-workers. Exec Club at the time had a paid membership programme with lounge access (I think it was about £250 a year back then). Blue Chip stopped and Exec Club Blue started for me at the end of 1991 and I suppose they phased out paid for Silver Cards at about the same time (I didn't get Silver until mid 1990s but it was certainly based on flights by then and only full fare/flex Y or J/F counted).

Air Miles were the reward currency back then and if you filled your car up at Shell you would get a paper voucher about the size of a smartphone for 2 air miles. Now given that a redemption booking to Paris was 450 miles then that was a lot of bulky paper that you had to save up and send in to get your ticket. I know this as I actually did it!
yabadoo likes this.

Last edited by Robespierre; May 3, 2017 at 7:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.