Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Offered a retention deal today on the BAPP. (Are these common??)

My card renewal was on 27th July 2017. I've already put through £10k, since I could pay next years University fees (£9,250!), and have reached the spend for the companion voucher.

I was ringing to cancel; MBNA's AA card seems a good option, I explained this, and was offered 3 avios/£1 on all spend for 3 months. I have held the Starwood card for about 4 years so it wouldn't be "goodbye" to Amex.

Since I'm getting 5% back on Santanders 1|2|3 account for all Apple Pay transactions, I declined, and cancelled the card completely!

Just a data point...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
Have you tried a different browser? It seems very odd that you have a valid voucher showing but none of the functionality to redeem it.
I am on Safari ( IOS/Apple Mac) , will try on the iPad/Iphone later ....
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:19 pm

For a BA PP supplementary card holder, does the 2-4-1 10K spend requirement run in line with the main card holder's account year? Or does it start from the date the card is issued to the supplementary holder?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
For a BA PP supplementary card holder, does the 2-4-1 10K spend requirement run in line with the main card holder's account year? Or does it start from the date the card is issued to the supplementary holder?
Just to be clear, the supp card holder doesn't have their own target or earn their own 241 voucher. The £10k count is from/within the main cardholder's account year, regardless of which primary/supp card is used and when any supp cards are issued.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
Just to be clear, the supp card holder doesn't have their own target or earn their own 241 voucher. The £10k count is from/within the main cardholder's account year, regardless of which primary/supp card is used and when any supp cards are issued.
Thanks pauldb. ^
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Both cardholders spend count towards the same 10k, and you can only earn one 241 per card per year, regardless of the number of cardholders.

Your 2nd card holder will need to take out their own BAPP card to earn their own 241 (which you can then be a supplementary card holder on too).
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CountryKerry
Offered a retention deal today on the BAPP. (Are these common??)

My card renewal was on 27th July 2017. I've already put through £10k, since I could pay next years University fees (£9,250!), and have reached the spend for the companion voucher.

I was ringing to cancel; MBNA's AA card seems a good option, I explained this, and was offered 3 avios/£1 on all spend for 3 months. I have held the Starwood card for about 4 years so it wouldn't be "goodbye" to Amex.

Since I'm getting 5% back on Santanders 1 2 3 account for all Apple Pay transactions, I declined, and cancelled the card completely!

Just a data point...
Thanks for this, interesting to note.

I was looking to cancel mine this month after reaching £10k and switching to the second family members main account (on which I am the secondary card holder) so that I can reapply for it again in a years time and potentially get the sign up bonus etc again. Not sure if the retention bonus would be useful for me or not but if offered I may let it run another few months..
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Thank you all for your help , it seems none of these options are of use to solving the issue at hand. Maybe a call to BA might help
You are trying this from your wife's account? As she earned the voucher?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone have experience of upgrading a companion booking on one leg from J to First? Is it even possible?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by omarlc
Does anyone have experience of upgrading a companion booking on one leg from J to First? Is it even possible?
You can't upgrade (UuA). However you can change it, so if reward availability does open up in a higher cabin you can call to change in to the higher cabin. The cost will be the extra avios due, a change fee of £35 per person, and any extra taxes/fees/charges which are due.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by omarlc

Doable. I booked LHR-JNB-LHR out in J, back in F as there was availability at the time of booking.

Put an ExpertFlyer alert, and F out opened up and I called and changed. £70 change fee + extra Avios.

Now I'm just hoping one of my LHR-CPT or CPT-LHR alerts come up!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Excellent...thanks guys
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:52 am

If I have already triggered my 241 voucher on the Blue Amex (but not yet used it), if I upgrade my card to the Premier Plus will it extend the booking period from 1 year to 2 years?

Had a look at the thread sorry couldn't find the answer but maybe missed it!

Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Steven Hannah
If I have already triggered my 241 voucher on the Blue Amex (but not yet used it), if I upgrade my card to the Premier Plus will it extend the booking period from 1 year to 2 years?

Had a look at the thread sorry couldn't find the answer but maybe missed it!

Thanks
No I don't see it would change it. You earned a blue level companion voucher with 1 year validity. Subsequent changes to the underlying card shouldn't change the existing voucher.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Question:
I have 241 booking.
Outbound is CW LHR>SYD BA 15
In the unlikely event of F opening up, I understand that I could upgrade/change, but if the F availability is for only one of the sectors can I upgrade one sector only?

And - if F availability becomes available on BA11, LHR>SIN, can I change the schedule/ticket to fly to SYD using BA11 for the first sector in F and retain the booked CW second sector BA15?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.