FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:55 am
HarryKUK

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CountryKerry
Offered a retention deal today on the BAPP. (Are these common??)

My card renewal was on 27th July 2017. I've already put through £10k, since I could pay next years University fees (£9,250!), and have reached the spend for the companion voucher.

I was ringing to cancel; MBNA's AA card seems a good option, I explained this, and was offered 3 avios/£1 on all spend for 3 months. I have held the Starwood card for about 4 years so it wouldn't be "goodbye" to Amex.

Since I'm getting 5% back on Santanders 1 2 3 account for all Apple Pay transactions, I declined, and cancelled the card completely!

Just a data point...
Thanks for this, interesting to note.

I was looking to cancel mine this month after reaching £10k and switching to the second family members main account (on which I am the secondary card holder) so that I can reapply for it again in a years time and potentially get the sign up bonus etc again. Not sure if the retention bonus would be useful for me or not but if offered I may let it run another few months..