Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by MrGatch
My question is whether the FTV's expiry date of April 2022 overrides the individual expiry (March 2021) of the 241 vouchers 'contained' within the booking.

Anyone had confirmation of this from BA?
Yes I had a booking for May 2020 for which I took a FTV. The 241 expired June 2020 or Dec 2020 if extended. Yesterday I rebooked with the FTV for May 2021. (I guess I should say it hasn’t ticketed yet AFAIK.)
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
My question is whether the FTV's expiry date of April 2022 overrides the individual expiry (March 2021) of the 241 vouchers 'contained' within the booking.

Anyone had confirmation of this from BA?
Yes it will. Also you won't incur any £35 per person cancellation fee for a FTV.

Btw, your 241 should be extended by 6 months so I don't know of that changes your thinking.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks for the replies.

Is rerouting allowed with the FTV?

Rather than the Fast East, I might consider going to the US instead with the same Avios and 2 x 241s. Same passengers. Is that permitted with the FTV?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:08 am

Thanks for the replies.

Rather than the Fast East, I might consider going to the US instead with the same Avios and 2 x 241s. Same passengers. Is that permitted with the FTV?
you can do whatever route you want with the FTV, it is basically just a credit value to be applied to a new booking.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:53 am

Thanks for the replies.

If you use it for a cheaper routing (less avios) in theory you will get another voucher for the difference. The seems complex in your case: I would guess you’d get the avios difference back for the two paying travellers and lose the higher value achieved from the voucher on the longer routing for the other two (though how to identify the second paying traveller?).
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by KARFA
you can do whatever route you want with the FTV, it is basically just a credit value to be applied to a new booking.
What form does the FTV take if it’s off a cancelled Avios booking? Does it have a £ value, and if so how is it calculated? For example I am about to cancel a 241 to LAX in J, what would I receive? TIA for the help.

OB
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
What form does the FTV take if it’s off a cancelled Avios booking? Does it have a £ value, and if so how is it calculated? For example I am about to cancel a 241 to LAX in J, what would I receive? TIA for the help.

OB
the avios, cash, and voucher you use are all held as the same amounts of avios, cash, and voucher on the FTV. There is no conversion of avios to cash when it comes to reward bookings.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by KARFA
the avios, cash, and voucher you use are all held as the same amounts of avios, cash, and voucher on the FTV. There is no conversion of avios to cash when it comes to reward bookings.
Many thanks as always KARFA... so if I understand it right I can:
- Pay £35pp, get everything back, and not face expiry on anything but the 241 voucher, or
- Take the FTV, get it all "held", but then risk expiry on the FTV itself

Is that about right?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:42 am

FWIW, if you have an Amex it's worth checking your offers section - I had this which, as I shop at Tesco, is going to come in handy!

2 Bonus Avios for every £1 spent
Save to Card to get 2 additional Avios for every £1 spent at Tesco, Waitrose & Partners, Marks & Spencer, Deliveroo and Apple every time until 12 September 2020. Terms and conditions apply.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Retron
FWIW, if you have an Amex it's worth checking your offers section - I had this which, as I shop at Tesco, is going to come in handy!

2 Bonus Avios for every £1 spent
Save to Card to get 2 additional Avios for every £1 spent at Tesco, Waitrose & Partners, Marks & Spencer, Deliveroo and Apple every time until 12 September 2020. Terms and conditions apply.
I have that offer saved. What bugs me is that I can’t discover how to get plugged in to my wife’s Partner Card ... she does nearly all the grocery shopping using that!

From what I can see, she isn’t even registered with Amex!! But the Avios still flow happily into my BAEC account every month. Sadly, my progress to the next 2-4-1 is suffering from BA refunds for cancelled fllights ... I now need over 11,000 to earn a new Companion Voucher!!

Any suggestions?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
I have that offer saved. What bugs me is that I can’t discover how to get plugged in to my wife’s Partner Card ... she does nearly all the grocery shopping using that!

From what I can see, she isn’t even registered with Amex!! But the Avios still flow happily into my BAEC account every month. Sadly, my progress to the next 2-4-1 is suffering from BA refunds for cancelled fllights ... I now need over 11,000 to earn a new Companion Voucher!!

Any suggestions?
You should be able to register online for her own log-in with the supp card, or add the card to an existing login if she has/had her own primary card account. Then she’ll start getting her own offers.

However my wife didn’t get this offer on her supp card, and generally only gets a small proportion.

So lend her your card!
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
My wife didn’t get the offer on her supp card either. So she’ll be shopping with mine
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:35 pm

I want some clarification on a point I've read in various searches so i appreciate any response.

My wife and I plan to use our Amex 2-4-1 next April to leave the UK for a few years (assuming travel is back to some kind of normality)

To maximize the voucher we want to go to Sydney with a stopover in Singapore for probably 6 months. Here are my questions
  1. The Singapore stopover seems bookable but what is the maximum stopover period? We probably expect 6 months.
  2. I want to book now to secure the LHR-SIN leg but can only book the SIN-SYD leg up to June 2021 at the moment. Can I make the booking to secure the LHR-SIN and then would want to move the SIN-SYD leg to Oct 2021 when they are bookable. Is it possible to make that change around Nov 2020 and will I need to pay the change fee?
  3. I understand if I've flown the 1st sector, no changes are possible for the second sector after that point. Is that correct?
​Thanks in advance

Mike
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
Many thanks as always KARFA... so if I understand it right I can:
- Pay £35pp, get everything back, and not face expiry on anything but the 241 voucher, or
- Take the FTV, get it all "held", but then risk expiry on the FTV itself

Is that about right?
Yes, sounds right to me. In terms of the risk of FTV expiry, you can use it for travel up to the end of April 2022.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by mikeday1983
I want some clarification on a point I've read in various searches so i appreciate any response.

My wife and I plan to use our Amex 2-4-1 next April to leave the UK for a few years (assuming travel is back to some kind of normality)

To maximize the voucher we want to go to Sydney with a stopover in Singapore for probably 6 months. Here are my questions
  1. The Singapore stopover seems bookable but what is the maximum stopover period? We probably expect 6 months.
  2. I want to book now to secure the LHR-SIN leg but can only book the SIN-SYD leg up to June 2021 at the moment. Can I make the booking to secure the LHR-SIN and then would want to move the SIN-SYD leg to Oct 2021 when they are bookable. Is it possible to make that change around Nov 2020 and will I need to pay the change fee?
  3. I understand if I've flown the 1st sector, no changes are possible for the second sector after that point. Is that correct?
​Thanks in advance

Mike
1. I think the can be up to 12 months at most.
2. I think so, hopefully someone can confirm?
3. Yes, correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.