Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the difference between intra-Europe BA and Ryanair?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the difference between intra-Europe BA and Ryanair?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That's correct, however the weight limit on FR is 10kg whereas BA's weight limit is 23kg.
Until the lawsuit happens in turb or a hard landing. Maybe that's why FR have 10kg cos they're quite famous for those!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by hugolover
Until the lawsuit happens in turb or a hard landing. Maybe that's why FR have 10kg cos they're quite famous for those!
It is FR SOP to have a hard landing.
Less wear on the brakes = ) and stopping quicker means time saved!
I spoke with a Captain about this and he told me that, 'to be honest, it is better to get the plane down as quickly as possible'.

I also love watching planes take off in ATH and seeing the domestics turn onto the runway at the halfway point thus saving about 3 mins of taxiing! I have never seen a BA plane doing that!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I have never seen a BA plane doing that!
That's because BA is premium. Just like their pax.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
And another sub 5ft person in an exit seat grrrr
not my crumbs and I am 5 11
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by hugolover
That's because BA is premium. Just like their pax.
Not anymore! If you have to pay for food on board, it is not premium. That simple.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Not anymore! If you have to pay for food on board, it is not premium. That simple.
Is it not better to have the choice of paying separately for something you want rather than have to pay an inclusive price that includes something you don't want?

I've been on many a short haul flight where my fellow passengers have refused the complimentary food and drink.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Is it not better to have the choice of paying separately for something you want rather than have to pay an inclusive price that includes something you don't want?

I've been on many a short haul flight where my fellow passengers have refused the complimentary food and drink.
Yes, HIDDY, that all makes perfect sense, but the problem is BA haven't lowered the prices. So in effect, you're paying the inclusive price, plus having to fork out if you want something to eat! (prices on my most used route VIE-LHR haven't changed)

This change has absolutely nothing to do with increasing customer choice, it's just BA management being greedy. Unfortunately for them my money is going elsewhere.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yes, HIDDY, that all makes perfect sense, but the problem is BA haven't lowered the prices. So in effect, you're paying the inclusive price, plus having to fork out if you want something to eat! (prices on my most used route VIE-LHR haven't changed)

This change has absolutely nothing to do with increasing customer choice, it's just BA management being greedy. Unfortunately for them my money is going elsewhere.
+1. In fact, in fairness, they were always honest they had no intention to lower fares.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY

I'd rather the pay the inclusive price. After all, I fly many airlines where I get free bags and *gasp* decide not to check any in! But it does make life easier on-board on Southwest cause people aren't cramming all their carryons into tiny spaces.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, EY, UA, BA, VS, B6, SQ
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I like that BA has more businessy-types in that the plane is quieter and I can get more work done.
Good luck using a laptop with the new euro traveller seat pitch unless you have t-rex arms and eyes in your chest...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.