Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Email from Mr Cruz - that's a first for me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email from Mr Cruz - that's a first for me!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by V10
I can confirm that as a blue member with a history of travelling in BA's less profitable cabins, Señor Cruz isn't interested in letting me know about these exciting new developments.
I didn't get the email either, I am a Blue member as well . All my points are from hotel/Credit card (I only credit 1 AA IIROP flight to BA by mistake), I use my Avios mostly for BA intra-Europe, ex-HKG and partner airline short haul , while my paid BA flights goes to my AS account.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
I may be misremembering but I thought the CW meal service was done without use of a trolley (at least on the 787-900s).

The video shows the new service having food delivered from a trolley. Somewhat worse, the food looks like it is laying on top on display. Doesn't this mean the CC's jackets are going to wipe dirt onto the food as they squeeze past the trolley?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
New seats with aisle access in... drum roll... 2019.
Shouldn't they have started with new seats?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Amen to that PG. The craic many of us used to have on this forum 10 years ago sadly no longer exists.
This made me laugh! Have you ever looked back at some of the old threads pre-2007? There was only about 10 of you here! (OK slight exaggeration, but certainly much fewer posters)

This website has far far more readers these days and it's no wonder the threads are much more dynamic, if a little turbulent at times! Still, I find it amusing.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ChrL
I may be misremembering but I thought the CW meal service was done without use of a trolley (at least on the 787-900s).

The video shows the new service having food delivered from a trolley. Somewhat worse, the food looks like it is laying on top on display. Doesn't this mean the CC's jackets are going to wipe dirt onto the food as they squeeze past the trolley?
yes CW meal service is currently direct to seat - no trolley - on all aircraft

the flight was a demo of the new service to be launched this year - new table settings and other details, and starters come off a display trolley - similar to what Austrian and some others do in J
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Amen to that PG. The craic many of us used to have on this forum 10 years ago sadly no longer exists.
Many fell through it but some of us persevere!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.