Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Email from Mr Cruz - that's a first for me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Dear

I’m writing to you with news on the exciting new future of British Airways.

Over the coming months we will be revealing a series of innovative and transformational new products and services, which will change the way you fly with us around the world.

We have been listening and we will be investing where it matters the most. Already we have launched The First Wing, our dedicated premium check-in area at Heathrow Terminal 5, to help speed up your journey through the airport and maximise moments of comfort and relaxation.

But there is more to come… a £400m redesign of the Club World experience, state-of-the-art upgrades of some of our busiest lounges, improving our punctuality and baggage handling processes, and introducing the latest generation Wi-Fi across our fleet, to name but a few. You can discover more and stay updated on all our latest news on ba.com.

Discover more (link) https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...t=100000158394 (nice video of yesterday's activities)

I genuinely believe these enhancements will make your experience of travelling with British Airways better and more enjoyable.
Warm regards,

Alex Cruz
Chairman and CEO

Last edited by CaroFos; Apr 6, 2017 at 5:05 am
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
He kindly wrote to me too!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Got the email, too.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:17 am
Original Poster

I thought he might have done!! Nice video though - and snappy slogan - New Thinking - New Flying!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:20 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I can confirm that as a blue member with a history of travelling in BA's less profitable cabins, Señor Cruz isn't interested in letting me know about these exciting new developments.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by V10
I can confirm that as a blue member with a history of travelling in BA's less profitable cabins, Señor Cruz isn't interested in letting me know about these exciting new developments.
Then he's missing a trick not encouraging your loyalty
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
The improvements actually look pretty good. And finally direct aisle access in Club!!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
It all looks wonderful. Hopefully my inner cynic is proven wrong in the end.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC : GGL; HHonors : Diamond
Looks great. Happy to see direct aisle access finally in CW! Wonder why WiFi is only being introduced on B747's? This seems a shame as a lot of the competition has had this up and running for a while on a wider selection of planes. Hopefully they will roll out more widely after the initial launch.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
My CIV obviously not high enough. No email for me. But encouraging noises from Senor Cruz.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A

It all looks wonderful. Hopefully my inner cynic is proven wrong in the end.
+1.

I see Mr Cruz didn't have the courage to send the e-mail from his personal BA e-mail address; mine came from [email protected]
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
Got the same e-mail but from [email protected]

Over the next two years we're transforming your journey at New York JFK Terminal 7.

An entirely new experience awaits you from the moment you check in, as you go through security, relax in the lounges and when you board your plane.
What are the exact plans for BA at JFK T7?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:28 am

I read the email as saying:
"Lots of people are complaining, I need to reassure people.
I'm continuing to cut everything to maximise short-term profit. I don't care about the long-term effect on the BA brand, but here's some nice dressing-up of the cuts so that I can say it's what customers want and that I'm caring about the brand."

There's only so many trust-busters Cruz & BA can commit before their words are ignored. They passed that limit with me a while ago.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:35 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Got one. So honoured.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:42 am

I received this too, despite my imminent relegation to bronze.

Its all well and good as long as you are flying at the front. There seems to be nothing on the horizon for the vast majority of passengers. And that might be sensible - long haul at least, ba economy move already be competitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.