Search

Ticket discounts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Ticket discounts

AARP has a $200 discount for CW tickets purchased through the AARP web site

BA Chase VISA has a 10% discount if the tickets are charged to the card but it appears you need to logon to a specific web address

Is there a way to get the VISA discount for tickets purchased through AARP?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Exec Club
Can you tell us what AARP is?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Sorry ....

American Association of Retired Persons ... lots of discounts for older people in the US
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OSIModel
Can you tell us what AARP is?
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ember-benefits
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

the question is whether it's possible to get the Chase VISA 10% discount if tickets are purchased through AARP ... therefore being able to use both discounts

there is a special website ... ba.com/Chase10 ... for the VISA discount but I'm wondering if this is the only way it can be acquired
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by drewaz
the question is whether it's possible to get the Chase VISA 10% discount if tickets are purchased through AARP ... therefore being able to use both discounts

there is a special website ... ba.com/Chase10 ... for the VISA discount but I'm wondering if this is the only way it can be acquired
See section 9 of the terms on the AARP page I linked to, seems the answer is no.

9. This offer is not combinable with any other discount or deal.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Ahh ... thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
See section 9 of the terms on the AARP page I linked to, seems the answer is no.
I have never had a problem combining the two discounts. Use the AARP portal, find the ticket/price you want, enter CARDOFFERU as a promotional code on the payment page, and pay with a Chase credit card. You get 10 percent off the AARP price.

I have done it at least a dozen times, and fairly recently.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I have never had a problem combining the two discounts. Use the AARP portal, find the ticket/price you want, enter CARDOFFERU as a promotional code on the payment page, and pay with a Chase credit card. You get 10 percent off the AARP price.

I have done it at least a dozen times, and fairly recently.
Interesting. Perhaps this is something you aren't supposed to be able to do but it hasn't been limited on the aarp portal.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Interesting. Perhaps this is something you aren't supposed to be able to do but it hasn't been limited on the aarp portal.
It has been suggested on FT that it isn't supposed to happen, and the T&C seem to forbid it, but it has worked for years. If we discuss it enough...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Sadly it's only half as valuable as it was before. The $400 reduction was terrific. I've also had no problem combining the two offers. Last ticket I booked using this method was as recently as 10 days ago.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Sadly it's only half as valuable as it was before. The $400 reduction was terrific. I've also had no problem combining the two offers. Last ticket I booked using this method was as recently as 10 days ago.
Looking on the bright side: the AARP discount is worth $200 less and the card discount is worth $20 more
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
You only go to AARP Portal to get the BA discount link, still a BA website and you can load the Coupon without any problem (it has been on the blogs since last year).Keep in mind in order to combine both discounts your flight need no meet this.

1. For AARP, the flight must be on a BA or codeshare (AA/IB/AY), open jaw/multi city is possible.

2. For BA Visa discount, it will only work for marketed and operated by BA and round trip (full discount) or openjaw (one segment discount). If try to mix a BA flight number operated by Iberia/American with the Visa discount, you will get an error saying "This offer is not combinable with any other discount or deal".

It depend how big is the discount going trough London (high airports fees) vs connecting in another airport. I have found that some routes are cheaper on a non-stop flight.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:26 am
Original Poster

excellent news!!!
thanks to all for sharing experience
I'll give it a shot!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Does anyone know if the BA Chase discount can be applied when making a booking over the phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.