Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What explains this forum having so much activity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What explains this forum having so much activity

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by V10
On that basis the FT BAEC forum is at least twice as good as the Basingstoke Ring Road - I'm convinced that people get stuck on that and can't find their way out, but at least here there is entertainment.
I think that, like the Basingstoke Ring Road, it becomes addictive. I come onto the forum because of the entertainment, the rubbish that some people seem to truly believe in and also the really helpful knowledge that is shared willingly
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:56 pm

BAEC is an excellent FFP, and BA itself is a terrible airline - both of which encourage a lot of debate.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 9, 2017 at 12:11 am Reason: Remove (persistent) commentary on moderation
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Aspiration and Fascination

Aspiration - c. 20 years ago

At that time BA was the most aspirational (English speaking) airline with countless threads here around:
- Flying Concorde
- Flying First
- Flying in a flat bed C seat
- Accessing the market leading LHR lounges
- SPA Treatments
- Champagne consumption
- Doing all the above for less that the loose change in your pocket

There are still quite a few posting from that era....

Fascination - from c.5 year ago

As the climate warmed and the world went into slow decline the focus has shifted to a combination of fascinated horror and stoic denial as BA appears to be following in the flightpath of Icarus with a mix of threads to match.

Attention grabbing in the same way as the fender bender on the opposite side of the freeway is...

Last edited by Dambus; Mar 8, 2017 at 10:57 pm Reason: Typo
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruisr
I have become a fan of this forum since it always pops up on the trending now feature that was recently introduced here.
^ Well please do make yourself at home and join in.

Flying BA is not required to be a regular contributor here. In fact some our regulars positively discourage it.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:57 am

One of the biggest airlines in an English speaking country, on an English website.

Couple that with the American forums being full of mega threads and wikis, the BA forum is an easy read and easy to get involved in.

The volume of traffic pre-dates the decline of the airline itself.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
"What explains ... ?"

The charm, wit and intelligence of [most of] the British, perhaps?

Combined with a worldly-wise collection of international travellers to multiple global destinations (c.f. CWS' travel schedules!).
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
Flying BA is not required to be a regular contributor here.
If it were a requirement, I'm sure it would be considered by some to be cruel and unusual punishment.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:54 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
"What explains ... ?"
Combined with a worldly-wise collection of international travellers to multiple global destinations (c.f. CWS' travel schedules!).
I hope the second line is a joke ?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
Because this is the British Airways forum and the British love to moan.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:38 am

Couple avid aviation fans with BA announcing changing enhancements almost weekly leads to plenty of conversation.

It usually goes like: "BA HAVE DONE SOMETHING" followed by 5000 posts of how bad it is, intermingled with 300 posts of "oh, but BA isn't so bad, ffp perks etc.."

Would have been curious to have been here back in the days of positive changes. Most have been serene!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Flyingturkey
Couple avid aviation fans with BA announcing changing enhancements almost weekly leads to plenty of conversation.

It usually goes like: "BA HAVE DONE SOMETHING" followed by 5000 posts of how bad it is, intermingled with 300 posts of "oh, but BA isn't so bad, ffp perks etc.."

Would have been curious to have been here back in the days of positive changes. Most have been serene!
I was just going to say that!

Always a thread on the trending page about someone griping about BA.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Calchas

Flying BA is not required to be a regular contributor here.
If such a requirement was in force HIDDY's total FT post count would be 350, not 35,000.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by T8191
"What explains ... ?"
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I hope the second line is a joke ?
In part, perhaps, but also a recognition that the British [OK, and some other Europeans ] have a tendency to be a little more well-travelled, or at least are able to identify other countries on a map
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think fransknorge is saying we are not charming, witty or intelligent
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I don't fly BA so much but the forum can be amusing, particularly the defences of the indefensible by the same old, same old.

A few posters who claim to be knowledgeable seem to post so much that I wonder when they ever do any flying so I tend to skip over the most prolific posters and their strong opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.