Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not allowed in Galleries Club LHR South with shorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not allowed in Galleries Club LHR South with shorts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Petrus
Is the poster Male or Female? This is of paramount importance.

Maybe OP was wearing Crocs? They are banned in public (or should be!)
The Equalities Act and the recent litigation cases would indicate that a dress policy can't discriminate based on gender.

And Crocs are ok for me to wear at work with scrubs though right?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by navylad
The Equalities Act and the recent litigation cases would indicate that a dress policy can't discriminate based on gender.
Given the appendage differences it might not be the case of discrimination based on gender but rather what was potentially visible due to shortness of shorts.

And Crocs are ok for me to wear at work with scrubs though right?
Only as long as it's not a public place. I feel for your colleagues to have to face the Crocs though. I never imagined any footwear worse than evil flip flops until I caught the first glimpse of Crocs. Such is the offensiveness of Crocs that it encourages patients to discharge themselves early.

Would they work as repellent for excessive queues for priority boarding, I wonder?

(In case this post is taken seriously, I should add that it is an entirely flippant post.)

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Feb 20, 2017 at 2:50 pm
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Given the appendage differences it might not be the case of discrimination based on gender but rather what was potentially visible due to shortness of shorts.

Only as long as it's not a public place. I feel for your colleagues to have to face the Crocs though. I never imagined any footwear worse than evil flip flops until I caught the first glimpse of Crocs. Such is the offensiveness of Crocs that it encourages patients to discharge themselves early.

Would they work as repellent for excessive queues for priority boarding, I wonder?
Well it is a public place I'm afriad.

Thankfully, they are very useful, in terms of ease of cleaning of bodily fluids and for maintenance of clinical hygiene, but please accept my sincere apologies that you find them offensive and trust that you will not need to attend hospital and have to subject yourself to them.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)

Thankfully, they are very useful, in terms of ease of cleaning of bodily fluids and for maintenance of clinical hygiene, but please accept my sincere apologies that you find them offensive and trust that you will not need to attend hospital and have to subject yourself to them.
Last time I was in A&E (the ER) I asked someone I saw wearing crocs why they did. They gave an almost identical answer to yours ^
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Last time I was in A&E (the ER) I asked someone I saw wearing crocs why they did. They gave an almost identical answer to yours ^
I believe the reasoning is in fact correct. It's just that they are a bit hurtful to the eyes

Still, thankfully you don't see them very often at BA lounges. Only occasionally.

Back to the subject of non-lounge-approved shorts, we are still none the wiser what was wrong with the OP's shorts after 95 posts.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:48 pm

I believe the reasoning is in fact correct. It's just that they are a bit hurtful to the eyes

Still, thankfully you don't see them very often at BA lounges. Only occasionally.
mine are camouflaged though, you'll hardly see them.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:08 pm

Back to the subject of non-lounge-approved shorts, we are still none the wiser what was wrong with the OP's shorts after 95 posts.
I'll hazard a guess they were judged either too short, or too ripped/torn? OP?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite my profound dislike of them, I can certainly see how they make sense in that context.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I'll hazard a guess they were judged either too short, or too ripped/torn? OP?
T5 North security last night?

Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:01 pm

Denim shorts? Seriously? Wal Mart attire, not an airport lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
T5 North security last night?

Isn't it February in the UK? Still, I only see one pair of flip flops (with long sleeves to compensate for the naked toes and heels); the other three are wearing closed shoes (and sleeveless tops, close to what are sometimes called wife beaters).
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Petrus
Maybe OP was wearing Crocs? They are banned in public (or should be!)
Don't tell Jimmy Nail.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldtrav
Denim shorts? Seriously? Wal Mart attire, not an airport lounge.
I think they can work, but perhaps not on the boy band pictured above.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:04 am

Why does it matter what people wear as long as they comply with conventional views of coverage?

Take the remarks about Crocs. I don't care for them and wouldn't wear them but the same is true of acrylic sweaters with embellishments favoured by little old ladies. Should those be banned too? Why is my view of taste more 'right' than the person choosing to wear the item?

And, as seen above, there may be less than obvious reasons for someone's choice of attire. Unless we've walked in their Crocs, we can't know why people do it but does that really matter? If you don't like them, fine, don't wear them. But why feel offended by them? I just don't get it. Why invest any energy or emotion in someone else's choice of footwear?

As we are often reminded here, it's public transport, and a lounge is a waiting room for public transport. I can't see why there should be a dress code beyond that required for public decency.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:11 am

Last edited by adrianjc32; Mar 30, 2017 at 8:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.