Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to 20:00 hrs daily, for Gold/Emerald and First passengers, plus guest, usual oneworld rules apply.

Buffet from 05:15, menu food from 7am

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the Club lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Amex Platinum
CWS - you're a star. Great photos and great summary of the lounges. I'm excited by both lounges (nice to see the dining areas etc) but particularly Club - it's stunning. A bit to eat in First then a G&T in Club sounds like a plan. Really impressed with the eye for detail! Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
I personally approve of 'grandad chairs', and hope that some form of age qualification is imposed on those who use them
There are travellers nowhere that are near acquiring a buss pas who also appreciate high backed chairs

#JustSayin
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:37 am

CWS "However the Club section is frankly amazing. If we leave out the Noodle bar, it's right up there with the Cathay Lounge in T3, and in some areas more impressive. It is, without any doubt in my mind, the best Club / Silver level lounge in the BA network, and I can't think of a manifestly better lounge anywhere else either."

High praise indeed, and what LGW deserves. Looks very impressive.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
CWS "However the Club section is frankly amazing. If we leave out the Noodle bar, it's right up there with the Cathay Lounge in T3, and in some areas more impressive. It is, without any doubt in my mind, the best Club / Silver level lounge in the BA network, and I can't think of a manifestly better lounge anywhere else either."

High praise indeed, and what LGW deserves. Looks very impressive.
All that's left is for them to flipping open it!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for the report corporate-wage-slave.^ The lounges look great.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
C-W-S ... thank you for yet another excellent update. ^
As someone who has a reputation for being somewhat curmudgeonly, I'm happy to say I'm impressed and well chill.

I look forward to the experience(s) in both Lounges - I find I have some 3 hours at LGW(S) before our EI (BA codeshare) to DUB next month. At least, I assume we have access: I must check that

GadgetGal ... I've sent you a complimentary pass for the 'grandpa chairs'

Edit ... OMG, it seems we dont qualify for entry!! We're BA ET to LGW, and EI Economy (BA codeshare) to DUB. And EI isn't OW, so the codeshare doesn't help. Aaarrrgghhhh

Last edited by T8191; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:35 am
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Amex Platinum
LOL at the 'grandpa chairs' - I'm sure they're lovely and comfy! We just need tartan blankets handed out in the evening and a special corner for playing bridge!)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by samthemainman
LOL at the 'grandpa chairs' - I'm sure they're lovely and comfy! We just need tartan blankets handed out in the evening and a special corner for playing bridge!)
I give you the bridge corner, complete with grandpa chairs...:

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
Edit ... OMG, it seems we dont qualify for entry!! EI isn't OW, so the codeshare doesn't help. Aaarrrgghhhh
Well actually, and only because you are BA Gold, you might get access, provided it is a 125 ticket as well as codeshared. It's not the sort of question that even I could ask in week one, but you may get away with it in a few weeks time, if it is quiet. North used to allow Vueling passengers. Strictly speaking it's for Club not First, however, can't have you getting giddy on champers if flying Aer Lingus, and no guests either.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks for that, CWS ... we will cross our corporate fingers. Yes, 2xGold, no guests, 125 stock and BA codeshare. I really screwed the planning on this trip!! Never really registered the codeshare aspects when booking, as ba.com presented BA flight numbers.

I shall stop diverting this important thread. Mods, feel free to delete my peripheral rambling.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Great stuff CWS- thanks for such an informative post! Can't wait to see it all in a few days!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I can announce the first lounge is open for GCH or F pax only. Very nice. Photos to follow
I'm flying next Tuesday on Iberia Express with 1 guest (booked via BA website). Can I access the new BA Lounges?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mmogdan
I'm flying next Tuesday on Iberia Express with 1 guest (booked via BA website). Can I access the new BA Lounges?
If the BA Lounge is open, my view is that you should have access, including a guest, since the lounge is a oneworld lounge and IB Express is oneworld, albeit an affiliate like Dragonair. That would still apply if booked via IB or any other channel.

I suspect you may be one of the first to try it, so do let us know, and don't be too disappointed if they don't let you in, the new composition of available airlines may be something that takes a few weeks to sink in to all the lounge agents. If Speedbird is still in use - which I doubt - then you may not have access since it is a a heavily disguised third party lounge, but they probably would let you in there too.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:01 pm

I've been told that the First opening hours have been reviewed, and will now be open until 20:00 hrs daily, potentially staying open a bit later if the longhaul flights are delayed. In normal circumstances this is all but the late EDI 21:00 hrs service covered.

Edit: Speedbird announcement dated 7 February 2017
British Airways new LGW South lounges have now opened on a limited basis.

Eligible customers departing on British Airways services from Gatwick South Terminal are now being invited to use the lounge facilities as follows:-
  • BA First lounge – our brand new lounge for First class customers and Golds (Emerald), open 0700-2000hrs daily
  • BA Club lounge – our newly opened lounge for Club World and Silver (Sapphire) card holders. At the moment for customers travelling on longhaul flights, as well as all eligible customers on Jersey (JER) services. Open 0515hrs until the last customer departs
  • Speedbird lounge - Temporary lounge available for Club Europe, Business UK and Silver (Sapphire) customers travelling on shorthaul flights
  • No 1 Clubrooms lounge - Temporary lounge available for overflow from BA First lounge

Customers are being handed a letter at check-in inviting them into the appropriate lounge.

Please reassure our customers that British Airways colleagues at Gatwick are looking forward to welcoming them in our new facilities in the South Terminal and staff will be able to provide plenty of information and support to assist their journey through the terminal.

Letter dated Sunday 5 February (will only apply for a few more days) below.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Lounge Letter.pdf (139.8 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Feb 7, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Thanks for all the info. Looks like we're flying to Lima unexpectedly next week, so will try out the breakfast in the Flounge before moving over the the Club lounge to have a chill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.